1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement New anti-Spam protocol, sorry for the inconvenience

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scalenex, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

We've had a lot of repeated issues with Spammers lately. Normally we just delete them when we find them and ban the users. The pace of this current wave of spammers is too high for us to just hit them as they appear. Too many people are being assailed by all the mahrlect "male enhancement" advertisements.

Thus, we have had to reenact our old security system last used during the kitchen cabinetry invasion of 2013. New members' posts will not appear until a moderator approves them. We have a very active moderator team spread across many time zones, but we don't have someone watching the moderator queue every second of every day. It may still make take a few hours before one of us gets around to approving your new posts so they can become visible to the public.

I don't know what the programmed minimum is but once you reach a specific post count, your new posts no longer need moderator approval.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

I hope the programmed minimum post count is approved posts and not attempted posts then ;)

3. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Resist comrades! Next they will be silencing Spawning of Bob spam, and after that anything to do with star wars!

But seriously, big thanks to our dedicated mods and all the invisible things they do to make Lustria strong and pleasant.

Beers for all of you.

4. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

I wold say ixi grubs for all of them, thank you moderators!

//Essmir

Nazqua likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Mods are like Chamaleon skinks.
    No one see them in action, no one see the amount of work it was needed, we only see the results. And you don't mess with them.
    Thanks. :)

6. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

The current system is more advanced than the old one we used. It is based on multiple parameters, using both Akismet and StopForumSpam api services, and in addition several other trigger points.

Right now it might be set to catch a little more than needed, but over the next weeks we will fine tune the system, and in the end we hope that it will catch very few false positives.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I'm pretty sure it does use approved posts, not attempted posts. When we disapprove, we don't disapprove with a Skink javelin. We disapprove with a Carnosaur's bite and stomp! The forum upgrade gives a mod tool that's a nuclear option for Spam. It will delete ALL of someone's posts and ban the user. Each new spam has come from a newly generated user making it rather difficult to wrack up multiple attempts before banning.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  8. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

The mods have gone Nukular!

Nazqua and Tlaxbitza like this.
  9. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

A+ mods

Glad you guys are so on top of these things!

Nazqua likes this.
  10. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Thanks for your continued support of this scene, its much appreciated!

Nazqua and HeirofCarnage like this.
  11. blackrainbow
    Saurus

blackrainbow Member

My first posts were delayed until mod approval. I am okay with this.

12. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Cool.

Nazqua likes this.
  13. aopps42
    Skink

aopps42 Member

Not sure if anyone can help me as I’m a total newb, but I tried to add a picture of some recently painted, and it isn’t showing up. At risk of ridicule for being a moron, can anyone help me out?

Nazqua likes this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Have you tried to upload something in the Saurus knights thread?

can you be more specific… what did you do?
    ...because to add pictures hosted in your pc, you should use the "upload a file" button you can see bottom right when you write a post

Nazqua likes this.
  15. aopps42
    Skink

aopps42 Member

Thanks so much for responding. That is how I attempted to upload, but I’m using my phone, if that could be the issue. I did try to edit it and link to the picture that I uploaded to imgur in hopes that could work but when I tries that route, I received a message that it looked like spam and there was some issue with saving it. It was for the cold ones rider sub under painting.

Nazqua likes this.
  16. aopps42
    Skink

aopps42 Member

I think it worked, really appreciate your help. Sorry for the stupid question.

Nazqua likes this.
  17. Killer Angel
    Slann

It worked. No question is stupid if you don't know the answer. We're here to help. ;)

Well, that's weird.
    To show a picture uploaded to a site as Imgur or Photobucket, you should simply copy and paste the url using the "link" button (that you can find in the above icons when you write a post)

Nazqua and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  18. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

We must hold, Skinks arm the skystreak bows and soteks sting, we will defend the first line of defense if this falls we are doomed. Prepare the sarus and get the kroxigors against the walls. We do not know how long we are going to be under siege but by the old ones we will fight to the last of us, quickly now send the message to the other temple cities and saddle up the stegadons, all cohorts must be ready for a full-scale attack. all chameleon skinks must switch to scout, identify and destroy objectives. we must steel ourselves for they are relentless.

Then Nakia the wonderer shows up (the moderators)

--------
    Btw great job guys its nice to see how dedicated all of you are to keeping this place safe and clean

19. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@aopps42

As your a new member your account will be blocked from adding links to web pages outside of this forum, I think you need a post count of 20 then the restriction is lifted.

Khemrian Slann and aopps42 like this.
  20. David Wood
    Skink

David Wood Member

Frother Unite forum has been hijacked my regular spam.......I'm sure they'll give up eventually o_O