1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here... the start of my army.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Raeth, May 20, 2009.

1. Raeth
    Skink

Raeth New Member

Hey everyone. I joined here a while back and never posted at the time. I thought I would show some of my stuff. Sorry for the crappy lighting on some of the pics. Comments and criticism are definitely welcome. I look forward to using these forums.

saurus_spears.jpg

saurus_spears2.jpg

scarvet_foot.jpg

stegadon_engine.jpg

slaan_front.jpg

slaan_side.jpg

Attached Files:

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :)

This place somehow managed to attract really good painters. I love the models, the cold blue streak you have chosen is great, and very well painted. Any chance of seeing some of the saurus in closer pics? The cold one looks cool too, much better than the current GW ones.

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Beautiful until I got to the last picture. DE Cold Ones should stay in the DE army. Just my $0.02 CDN.

4. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Great painting skills you got there! And your colour scheme fits in perfectly. Also, the basing is very good!

As regards the cold one, I can't agree with asrodrig. I think it looks awesome! When I first saw the DE cold ones I though they were a bit too thin to bear a saurus but now that I see a saurus on it looks great!

If you don't mind, what colours did you use for the skin coz it does look very interesting as a colour scheme?

5. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

THey look really good. And great conversion with the cold one.

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Off to a great start with your painting. I aspire to that amazing level of quality. Welcome to the board.

7. Raeth
    Skink

Raeth New Member

Thanks everyone!

For the skin I use a couple of greens... some catachan, and then I kinda mix from there, I don't aim for every saurus to match perfectly, just to be in some range somewhere. I like the little bit variation as I still have the bright blue/green to tie the army together. I am using rotting flesh for the underbelly and non-scaly parts. For the crest and such I am using scaly green with maybe a little hawk turquoise mixed in and just bringing it up to white.

The DE cold ones are a little too narrow to to accommodate a rider without quite a bit of trimming of the legs and such to narrow it all down, and some green stuff to fill the gaps, but once it is mounted I feel the size is just about right.

Obviously, I have to disagree with you, Asrodrig. Especially considering I have 12 of em assembled and on my painting table. The standard LM cold ones are a poor sculpt IMO. They lack detail compared to the DE ones, and to be honest I kinda think there's some inbreeding going on there. To each their own, I suppose! :)

Thanks again for the welcome and comments.

8. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Will be looking forward to seeing more of your work!

I'm seriously thinking about basing my new LM models on your colour scheme and start my army all over again :)

Again, the cold one came great IMO.

9. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

very neat, i like the albino/blueisch look of your army.

now that i have seen your DE cold one i really am convinced that i need to get me those cold ones and the saurus riders fo rthe same convertion.
    been thinking about it a long time, but worried about the fitting :)

10. SlipKnoT
    Skink

SlipKnoT New Member

Oh my God they look so perfect...im purifyed. And welcome to the site.