1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. New Lizardman army book and info

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Rikard, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Durandal
    Cold One

Durandal Member

As much as I love the Thunderlizard, I don't know if I'd like to see it in as a standard army option. The things are supposed to be too big to really control well, and they're a big deal when they turn up.
    Maybe a Juvenile Thunderlizard though. That said, seeing as Karl Franz went to plastic in the new Griffon kit, I'm really hoping that the same happens to Kroq-Gar. And it's a double Carnosaur/Coatl kit.

2. Natural 20
    Saurus

Natural 20 Member

Ya id love to see a Carnosaur the size of of the new Griffin model! Truly deserving of a monster thats modeled after a T-rex!

3. thomasthefinch
    Skink

thomasthefinch New Member

I would like to see a couple of big kits.

I think it's fairly predictable there will be a Monstrous Cavalry kit was well.

4. Didymus
    Chameleon Skink

Didymus Active Member

Probably something like "Carnosaur Broodlings", recently spawned saurus on carnosaurs who are still being raised, kind of like how Kroq-Gar's old unit would have been a first.

5. thomasthefinch
    Skink

Yeah I'd imagine something like that, although really they have no need to call them Carnosaurs or broodlings.

In terms of fluff there is some very vague things, and in terms of image there is 250 million years of reptiles to choose from.

Maybe something along the lines of Akylosaurs with Temple Guard on their backs? 6 inch movement, 1+ armour, str 6 mount with only two attacks, TG is 2 attacks with str 5. Might work quite well.

6. Marekai
    Skink

Marekai New Member

I was actually trying to find a good anklyosaur model to replace the stegadon but had no luck. That would be a pretty cool piece to have though.

The carnosaur puts me in mind of an allosaurus. Would be cool if they came up with something that was more Trex like or Spinosaurus.

Would still love a dragon in the army though :/

They could also do an actual Gor-rok.

7. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

hi guys
    what is the source of these rumours?

8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Most rumors are the result of people's greatest hopes and their great fears.

In addition to those,a lot of the predictions for what the next book are educated guesses based on observable trends in the last new army books being released.

There was apparently some credible sources suggesting that Lizardmen were getting a new book fairly soon but those same sources also predicted a Warriors of Chaos book in October so take it with lots of salt.

9. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

well, i really hope GW will do this

10. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

They're usually not too far wrong, though.

11. ADustyMan
    Saurus

ADustyMan New Member

We already have a monster cav unit, which is Terradons. I don't really know if we'll get a Saurus monster Cav unit. It's probably low on the priority list since we have a bunch of monsters already. I'd like if the Saurus got a higher initiative for their points cost, but I doubt it'll happen. I'd also like if you could take great weapons with Saurus. Hopefully Cold Ones will have a price drop, since they're so expensive, as well.

But anyways, I'm kind of hoping for a little more beefed up Skink lord choice. Maybe one riding that cool looking dragon on page 5 of the codex. but I'm not too picky, I'd be fine if they just released a book with some point adjustment and dropping some of the less useful magical items. Just keep my cupped hands(which will probably get nerfed) and my blade of realities (cause I'm a sucker for that stupid thing).

A cannon monster wouldn't make me upset, or maybe making the ancient stegs like the Ogre beast that only takes D3 wounds, so it's a little more resilient.

12. thomasthefinch
    Skink

I'd expect Terradons to get a boost maybe. Str 5 Terradons with 2 attacks, perhaps.

13. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

It would also be nice if they upped the toughness to 4 on the terradons.

14. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

i hope that skinks will have choice about wich lore to use, and our army will have his own lore
    but my greatest hope is that GW will reduce the point prices... because my heart cryes when i read a 5 points skink profile and a 4 points chaos marauder one...
    in addition, it would be great if they would reduce the magic randomness for our army, because we should be the real master of magic in warhammer, and it would be fair, in my opinion, to possibly have a destructive magic phase, better than any one other army
    i my opinion we already have enough monsters, even if i'd love the presence of winged snakes in our army

15. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I could see them giving access to Heavens, Beasts, and maybe Light magic.

16. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

There is much weeping and gnashing of teeth at the Elector's Forum over the fact that Empire Core got more expensive across the board. Based on this I expect Saurus to go up in price by a point and Skinks to remain as they are.

Most if not all the new models are big. I'm predicting we are going to get a big dino whether we need it or not. I'm also guessing the new dino will be carrying some kind of Old Ones tech similar to the Engine of the Gods based on Vampire Counts getting the Coven Throne/Mortise Engine and Empire getting the Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark. Perhaps a dual kit for Engine of the Gods/whatever new thing GW comes up with or a dual kit with two new options. I also predict that like with the VC and Empire before us, one of the Old one tech options will be clearly better in play and better looking than the other.

17. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

Not sure how you work it in fluff wise but something that gives us a cannon type attack would be pretty awesome. Lizardmen have just about everything except for something that does decent damage at long range.

18. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

it would be nice because we don't have nothing similar, but in my opinion, if our army should have the best magic we need nice low-points mages (so better skinks), unstoppable great wizards (actual slann are good enough yet) and a powerful lore of magic.
    after seeing a modified winged-carnosaur i realized we don't have a strong flying unit (ok, it's not essential... but it would be awesome :D )
    and i think that, if they won't low the skink prices, they have to make them a few better... for example making them skirmishers at 5 points, or improving their toughness and leadership to have an horde unit that, even if doesn't kill so much, resists until the arrive of a better kind of troop
    and they should improve the jungle swarms, because they are overprized
    they also could give the monstrous infantry rule to all our army... or at least to the saurus. They are 2,30 m high ferocious reptiles! And they have weapons too!!
    and i'd love a skink light cavalry...
    and better magic objects.

19. ADustyMan
    Saurus

ADustyMan New Member

You're asking for too much, man.

20. Mahtis
    Cold One

Mahtis New Member

I don't think we'll get an actual warmchine, 'cus Lizardmen are an offensive army to me. I don't think Lizardmen should have the possibility to make defensive army (although still be able to out-shoot things like WC and Beastmen). When Lizardmen go to war, they should be strong combat and strong magic with beasts and mosnters added! So our warmachine should be on a monster with some natural or magical ability to shoot but don't think we'll necessary get one, 'cus salamanders are already excellent "warmachine"! (But will be nerfed).

What I think we could possibly get? I'd love to see the carnosaurs as monstrous cavalry, or introduced some new monster that would give us an good offensive monstrous cavalry unit. I don't think terradons will be our offensive monstros cavalry 'cus of their fluff as scouting and patrolling unit. The idea of a fast flying and strong monstrous cavalry unit sounds nice, it would be quite expensive, and I don't see terradons have higher T than 3 and As higher than 4+ (mount, shield and leather armor). They should stay as they are, perhaps lower on points.

As for magic, some lvl 3 wizards should have a place in our army. The strongest skink priests shouldn't only be lvl 2, and I don't see a slann as a lvl 3 mage. The skink priests should have more lore options. I'd also love to see our own Lore of the Old Ones, or perhaps 2 own lores, one for skinks and one for slanns!

I'm not a long time lizardmen (or warhammer) player, so these are quite wishlisting :D I still hope that Lizardmen should stay as an offensive army type with strong hard hitting elite units with strong magic. We can take the beating from warmachines and other shooting, and still take the enemy down in close combat :p