1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. New Lizardman army book and info

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Rikard, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

i don't think so... at least reguardind magic
    i know we'll don't have so much improvings, and a sort of flying carnosaur is only a dream to me ( lol ) even if i know that GW won't make it... but let me dream :)
    anyway, if we are going to have new units or modifications to the already existing ones i hope that these will be the magic ones
    even if i'd like a combat boost too, i know we can't have everything, and magic is more important to me, because our army should be THE magic army

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I duno man a flying Carnie is basicly just a dragon, and dragons don't like Lizardmen. :shifty:

Personaly im just hoping for some new dinosaur units and some more basic weapon options for our troops.

3. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

I know other people have said this but this is my summary of my best guess for the record.

Monsterous Calvary - Saurus on mini carnosaurs
    EOTG dual Kit - Not sure what the other half of the kit will be but some buff like luminatus, mortis engine etc
    Add beasts to Skinks lores
    Some price adjustments - Saurus up a point, hopefully with more weapon options
    and most of our magic items removed

Pretty safe bets since that the pattern so far.

4. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

mini carnosaurs would be nice, and kadon skinks too :D

5. Dreyer
    Cold One

Dreyer New Member

Salamanders are going to lose march and shoot, go down to strenght 2 and go up 15 pt and will be completely unusable.

6. Chunk
    Saurus

Chunk Member

Or they'll come out in a plastic 3 pack for $79 AUD and stay exactly the same.

7. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

I would like to see (alot)

skinks t3
    saurus more weapon options (gw ahw)
    terradons t4
    kroxigor to come down in points or t5 with regen 6+ or 5+ (regen army wide for that matter some reptiles can regenerate tails)

also with the krox give them halberds possibly with s5

EOTG more inline with the mortis engine so it does more things a turn instead of one.

thats it for now

8. mbh7271
    Skink

mbh7271 New Member

I don't think any of that needs to happen. This army is already way too powerful. The new book will hopefully balence things out and add a few cool units.

9. Bonak
    Skink

Bonak Member

I am just hoping for more monsters! :D I think GW will move Lizardmen to be a more monster heavy army with less infantry and more hard hitting behemoths. Thats what I hope and think will happen.

10. Chunk
    Saurus

Chunk Member

I wouldn't mind our monsters getting some specific war machine protection, something like the Stonehorn has with the only d3 wounds instead of d6, but maybe that's just from painful experience...

Really there's very little that I think needs to be changed in the Lizardmen book to make it more powerful, maybe repointing Krox and giving them natural str 5, and rebalancing razordons/salamanders against one another.

But honestly I think we'll see a lot more removed or changed rather than added (unless it's new units that pretty much fill the same role, that we'll see plenty of). Stuff I think might be removed would include:

- No more +1 free dice for the Slann
    - Cupped Hands either removed or changed so that it only negates a miscast or something, and/or made more expensive
    - Cube of Darkness removed/changed

But, and now we're getting into wishlisting, I really hope they bring back Spawnings. I loved those things.

11. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

cupped hands is just wonderful... i hope they won't remove it
    in my opinion they should make better terradons

12. mbh7271
    Skink

mbh7271 New Member

I agree with all of this

The current book can be abused.

13. thomasthefinch
    Skink

thomasthefinch New Member

I've been thinking about this, and here is some predictions that aren't necesserily wishlisting, but rather somewhat educated guesses.

Becalming Cognition to exist but probably be downgraded. Perhaps a Slann can dispel something cast with IF.
    Cupped Hands to stay. Probably for about 70+ points though.
    Rumination to stay in one form or another. Possibly just +2 to spell casting though.

New flying monster mount, giant terradon. Same size as a terrorgheist. Obviously lots of special rules, giant drop rocks maybe.

Salamanders to be nerfed, razordons to be boosted. Probably to throw the balance of power to the razordons. Increasing the range to 18 or 24 would make them very useful. Increasing the unit size to 4, and misfires to losing 1 skink handler.

14. mbh7271
    Skink

mbh7271 New Member

giant flying unit seems very possible

15. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

i dont know if anybody said it, but it would be cool if theymade our new mounstrous cav skirmishers :)
    This should work great in fluff as in jungle is hard to make ranked monster :) plus it would be quite unique :)

16. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Now that sounds like a great Idea. :smug:

17. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

any thoughts how to wrtie it to GW :D if they even read what players write them :D

18. Mahtis
    Cold One

Mahtis New Member

If you're going to write to GW, I think it should be very carefully thought through, not only some single ideas. If you'd collect what different things lizardmen players would want and then post the ideas all agree on maybe then.

But if the small amount of rumors are true and a new lizardmen armybook is coming this summer, it maybe too late to make suggestions, they'll probably playtesting some nice things for us, at least I hope :) Don't wanna be let down.

And isn't terradons enough as skirmishing monstrous cav? Some little tweaks and it will be fine :p

19. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

20. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

ah yes you might be right its too late. Hope we will remember in the future that we should write our expectations as lizard players to them regarding every unit in our book and possible new units if theres a such trend in 9th ed :)