1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. New Lizardman FAQ is out!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by snowywlf, Jul 6, 2009.

1. maniclurker
    Skink

maniclurker New Member

...Seriously? Who are you playing? He must be the 'King of All D-Bags'.

On second though, you should simply go with it. And next time he uses his crap that says 'causes xx hits' or 'causes xx wounds', simply ask him to roll the hits and wounds as well. When he craps on himself and freaks out, simply refer back to his dumbness from earlier. I think he'll lose out more than you will.

2. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

haha, would be funny, his doomwheel would need 7's to hit (movement, long range, multiple shots) in most cases

3. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

I traveled to a different store to play (a GW actually) and they all played kind of weird... Doomwheels that shoot every turn in close combat (NOT what happens, didn't realize he was shooting until after the 2nd or 3rd combat). The other Lizardmen player had a slann that knew 4 lores and was somehow auto-casting comet of cassandora on a roll of 4+ (reeeallly misread the rules there). Very strange group. Great guys, just needed some help with the rules.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Well I don't know what is going on with 4 lores on a Slann, but I do know that Doomwheels can shoot while in combat so nothing wrong there...

Different groups can tend to somehow come up with weird and whacky interpretations of the rules. As long as it works out fairly I see no problem. A Slann easily casting comet and having 4 lores isn't really fair though! :p

5. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

Yeah, I am by no means a RAW person but he was shooting his doomwheel in his shooting phase, in his combat phase when he was engaged in combat, and in my combat phase when he was engaged in combat. I mean, he had just misread the rules and I should have said something earlier. But I wouldn't call that 'fair' lol.

Yeah, I pulled him aside when his opponent took a lunch break too explain the rules about casting and character set up and things like that. And I helped him fix his list for when his opponent returned. I mean, 4 lores isn't really that good... I would rather have 4 different disciplines than 4 lores. Regardless, I can only assume that the game went much better for the VC player after that, lol. Comet of Cassandora not autocasting and stuff like that...

6. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

you know, when i 1st read through to book i read that the slann choses a lore, rolls for a spell, chooses another/the same lore, rolls for a spell, etc.
    i reread that a few times before my 1st game so nothing bad came of it, but misreading hapens. a lot. i suggest reading the army books of your usual opponenets thouroughly so situatuons like "flamers don't get -1 for stand and shoot" or "standard of slaughter [or murder, damn DE and their names] gives D3 CR in the 1st round of combat" are avoided

7. General Cross
    Skink

General Cross New Member

Just to bring this back to the question at hand, how to the Tomb Kings Sepulchural Stalkers work when misfiring? Do they get no shots at all if one of them misfires? Just drawing comparisons to other armies with the artillery dice units.

8. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Per their rule book. For each misfire, they automatically suffer d3 automatic wounds with no armour saves allowed. Apparently they see themselves in the enemy blades.

9. beardedgecko
    Saurus

beardedgecko New Member

Looking over the newest FAQ today, I noticed a change in stegadons. While giant bows are slow to fire, it says

Q. Can stegandons and Ancient Stegadons choose to stand and shoot their missle Weapons as a charge reaction?(p 55)
    A. Yes, apart from the giant bow

I take it to mean You can stand and shoot with Giant blow guns again!!?!??!!????

10. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah for sure! :D

11. Questioner
    Saurus

Questioner New Member

That was our previous armybook, I believe.