1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New models?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Finnboy101, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Marshmallow boobies!!

Ixt and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Frosted Slaaneshi charms.... they're sinfully delicious! :D

n810 likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Tzeentch O's

Just Put many Random Cereals in the Box

*contents may mutate during shipping.

Caprasauridae likes this.
  4. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

Better than Skaven Crunch. Their slogan:

"You don't get to eat! Back to work slave!"

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

At least it is not as bad as in the Ogre Kingdoms... where YOU'RE the cereal! :wideyed:

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I'm sure we could fill a whole thread with WHF Yakov Smirnoff jokes.

In 8th edition you select points. In Age of Sigmar, points select you.

Okay maybe I'm not as witty as the panda.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Nobody can match up against the panda!

Scolenex likes this.
  8. Loxodon
    Skink

Loxodon New Member

I don't think we should be expecting to see new lizardmen models for quite a while. It is pretty clear that GW is currently focusing on the Sigmarines and Chaos, what that would not be so bad if their new aesthetic was better. I can imagine us probably seeing new Skaven models at some point, since they play a big role in the lore atm, and the elves are probably also going to get some sort of update. Most of the factions I doubt will be revisited for a long time though. That might not a bad thing however, as A. Lizardmen got a bunch of new models not too long ago, and B. Looking at how bad the Sigmar models look, I don't know if we really want them to bastardize the lizardmen.

But if we just imagine that they actually are going to create new models for lizardmen at some point, what would I want to see?

New Cold Ones:
    The current Cold Ones are awful and outdated, and I would love to see some new ones. Perhaps we could get a slightly scaled up version of the dark elf ones, or an updated version of our current ones.

New Salamanders:
    I love the Salamander, it is one of my favorite units, and has some amazing art in the books, but that model... A new and up to date Salamander would be great.

New Carnosaurs:
    I am aware that we just recently got a new one already, but I am sorry, that model is horrible. It has a bulldog'ish face, odd proportions that make it look like a quadrupedal animal about to fall over, and just does not fit the whole "big-ass-theropod" look at all. The white dwarf magazine that accompanied the model's release explained why: They based the design on mammals. Because when you are designing a dinosaur for your board game, gorillas and dogs are ideal references, obviously.

New Kroxigors:

We have all seen Woogity's amazing models, and when you compare them to the official ones, you just want to cry.

New Stegodons:
    This time one that does not look like a bloat toad mated with a snail would be nice.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

New Cold Ones:
    This would be my top choice for an update. Our cold ones are laughably pathetic in contrast to the Dark Elf ones.

New Salamanders:
    I feel that Salamanders are okay, but definitely not great models. I agree that they could probably benefit from a redo.

New Carnosaurs:
    This is never going to happen. Personally I prefer the old Carnosaur to the new one (I own to metal ones), but the new kit still looks pretty good. The face on the new kit does bug me however. The troglodon on the other hand looks splendid.

New Kroxigors:
    I actually like the current Kroxigors. I didn't quite at first, but they have really grown on me and are now amongst my favorite models in the Lizardmen range.

New Stegodons:
    Our current Stegadon is an outstandingly amazing model. I see absolutely no chance of having it revamped.

On the whole I think most of our stuff is really great. Outside of the Cold Ones (and possibly the Salamander) I don't really think we need any updates. Personally I'd prefer something new and interesting to be released, although I am fearful of what GW's new vision or aesthetic might be. I would hope, somewhat wishfully perhaps, that anything new would fit nicely with the theme of the current models.

10. Loxodon
    Skink

Loxodon New Member

I agree that the Trog has an amazing model, and I am aware that the carnosaur won't ever get a new one, but still. It is the same for the Steg, the actual model itself is fantastic, really well detailed, but the design is just so bad. I would much rather see something similar to the Ferrucutus in King Kong.

[​IMG]

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I disagree, I think the Steg design is really great. To each their own I guess.

Loxodon likes this.
  12. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll get any updated models. That's 9th edition talk. I would assume GW wants to make a difference between the factions, take it to a new direction and make it harder for people to use their current models as proxies for the new stuff.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I believe you're correct. I think the whole point was to reduce the number of factions sitting on the shelves. Not only do I think we won't get any new models, I feel that eventually our kits won't be available at all. I hope I am wrong though.

14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

One thing that has got me thinking:
    It seems to be the scenario now that GW are in process of converting all metal miniatures to resin and to round bases while they are at it. Also a rumour, seems to be true at the moment as some of the metal has gone to resin so far.

I'm wondering about Tehenhauin, if he is converted to resin and to a round base. How would his square scenery compliment the round base? Unless GW don't care that much and leave it square, or change it to round scenery...

Who knows what GW is up to for other armies. Of course round base converting, Lizardmen seem to a have a mentioning role at the moment in almost everything (maybe everything, I don't pay attention much) but who knows, it could mean something or it could not.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

From what I have heard and seen, Finecast resin is on it's way out. It was an utter failure for the company. I'd expect metal models to be discontinued.

16. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

My choice would be a Sauropod. They're in the top 3 most well known dinosaurs. It's maddening that we don't have one. They were the most successful dinosaur. For 120 million years, since their appearance, up until the extinction of dinosaurs, some Sauropod was the biggest beast walking the planet. We most likely don't have one because of their lack of weaponry. Make it a carnivore. Why not give is a thagomizer too? I'm thinking not quite a classic Barosaurus. Shorter neck and tail. More like a Camarasaurus.

Something like this is what I have in mind.
    [​IMG]
    But with a larger head. Maybe a Dilophosaurus type crest too.

Personal preference would be a 10 man skink crew, a 5 man saurus crew, or a single Kroxigor rider.

Second pick would be a Pachysaurus. I just think the impact is awesome. It is a distant second though for two reasons. One, If we got another bipedal dinosaur there are a billion awesome carnivores to chose from. And basically all carnivores are the typical t-rex bipedal dinosaur. May as well save the style for the carnivores. Two, I was really expecting and hoping for a large kit with our 8th release. I'm pretty disappointed with the new carnisaur as our "big" kit. I do like the trogladon a lot, but since pretty much all the 8th releases came with large base models, being the dinosaur race, I really expected it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Now that is a model I would be excited for. Well overdue in my opinion.

18. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Well the sauropod could be a bit bigger than our current dinos, and just stomp things to death.

Or give it something similar to the bastiladon's laser.

19. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

DanBot said: ↑
    Yea a saurapod would make for an excellent weapon platform for all manner of lost Old One technology. :D
    I think a couple of mace like bracelets on their tail could be quite effective as well.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Although not a saurapod, something like this would be great...

Engine of the Gods.JPG

DanBot likes this.