1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New player 1,5k list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Bobr, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Bobr
    Jungle Swarm

Bobr New Member

Hi, im new here andi n age of sigmar(something about half a year), from the start im trying to make a pure serpahon list. I tired alot of different set ups, with shadow strike,eternal i even tride havey summoning list. But i cant rly do ass good as i want. So here i come for the help from more experienced players.

First of all at my local game store we are playing on 1,5k pointw with 3 battlelines. As I said, I tried alot of diffrent army list and at this point and I ended up with somethin like this:

Leaders
    Skink Priest (100)
    - Priestly Trappings
    Skink Priest (100)
    - Priestly Trappings
    Saurus Sunblood (120)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)

Units
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x 10 (200)
    Saurus Guard x 5 (100)
    Chameleon Skinks x 5 (120)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (300)

Battalions
    Eternal Starhost (80)

Total: 1460/2000

With this i can up timy i buff from priest's on 80% so its changeing into shredding melee line. I use skinks to kill crews, and isolated heros. I know that it has alot of laws its alwyas about two things: first - Bastiladon have to hold the one flank with one unit of guards while other to wipe the other flank and then come to help. Heavy range list will tear me apart. But my biggest concerns are two armys in my city. First- hevy magic sylvaneth's that branchwych wit almost 30' range on here spell with d3+1 for cast with drycha used as suicide bomber are just
    annihilating me with that amout of mortal wounds. I dont want even remember how many times i lost to a single mistic shield (witch i dispeled) but it triggered woods and wiped half of my army. Its alway s about can i kill that branchwych with basti and skins on turn one (he is always go first couse he's army is one battalion). Secondone is army of 10 retributors with 2xLord-Castellant and Knight-Vexillor. Turn one - alphastirke with buffed retibutors with save 2+,heal 5+ its just as good as a nuke.

Please, what can I bring to go toe to toe with armies like these two?

Bowser likes this.
  2. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you want to beat Sylvaneth, the saurus guard have to go! They are as good as skinks against them, so the solution, take skinks! I feel like a shadowstrike formation might be your best bet fielding large numbers of skinks, for the amount of points you've spent on saurus guard, you could have 60 skinks, with 20 points change left over. For 1500 I'd be keen for:

Skink starpriest - 100

Skinks x 30 with javelins - 240
    Skinks x 30 with javelins - 240
    Ripperdactyls x 3 - 140
    Saurus warriors x 10 - 100

Bastiladon - 300
    Stegadon - 240

Shadowstrike - 120

The skinks will get a ranged attack in on their first turn because they will move 2d6" from the shadowstrike formation, d6" from the stegadon alpha skink and 8" with their move, you will probably get the first turn because you can set up the shadowstrike formation in one go. Assault one of their monsters with the rippers and then you'll have your opponent trying to get rid of skinks, by the time they've done that your bastiladon will have done lots of ranged damage and your stegadon will be in range to charge.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

@scubrat has a pretty solid list. Give it a shot against the Sylvaneth. As long as you play aggressively and smart this should be a close match.

scubrat likes this.
  4. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Worth mentioning that your first move should be to try and take out the drycha, she is disgusting and if she has squirmlings, you could lose 20 skinks when she's at full health. You could attempt to take her out with the ripperdactyls, most of the time, if the blot toad is nearby, they will kill her in their first turn, so it's worth a shot. Even if they don't kill her, they'll severely hurt her and then she becomes a lot weaker.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bobr
    Jungle Swarm

Bobr New Member

I was out of the town for a while, so i douldnt reaply or test Your list Scubrat. I will give it a try next tuesday, but from my expirence - only few armies will go first when faceing sylvateh(they have always single drop army). And in midtime drycha went out from the lists, she is just not worth it. Her main rule is to snipe out important hero'es with her mortal wound(Colony of Flitterfuries) with help from branchwych with her spell. One uit from kurnoths, is just as good to do that, and afterwards they can just tp out of to his side of the board and still shoot like a cannons. Im also woried about bastiladon and stegadon, good placed woods can rly hurt their mobility, btw I'm assuming that bastiladon should go with solar engine and stegadon with bow, am I right?

Bowser likes this.
  6. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Interesting that they've dropped the drycha, she's very tough, 3+ save, dozens of mortal wounds dealt out, gets to reroll saves of 1 with a treelord 10" away. This makes life a bit easier!

If the sylvaneth units are all in hiding then yes, maybe you'd let them go first. The trouble is that those skinks won't last long if the sylvaneth decide to appear out of the woods from nowhere, whereas they'll probably move to be within range of the sylvaneth units in their first turn and do some ranged damage first, enough to do some damage to their foot soldiers so you have one less thing to worry about.

Solar beam for bastiladon, yes, -1 rend helps, can save those mortal wounds that sylvaneth do, wouldn't worry about lack of mobility with bastiladon, it doesn't really move much anyway! The stegadon with the bow for sure, sylvaneth aren't a horde army so the flamethrowers would be rubbish. The stegadon is good for the skinks at the start of the game and will hold it's own in combat.

Bowser likes this.