1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New player looking for tips/tricks

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Baymax98, May 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Baymax98
    Jungle Swarm

Baymax98 New Member

Hi there,

As stated in the title I'm new to warhammer in general and decided to go with my cold blooded heart and join the lizards.
    I currently have 2 start collecting boxes(original) and 1 start collecting(skink) and have been struggling to work out what is my optimal team.

Any advice is most welcome! Either with gameplay or even building/painting.

Let me know what I should be getting next to continue the great plan to the fullest!

-baymax

Slikus Vaw, LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Hello there and welcome to Lustria!

start collecting boxes are pretty good right now, and you can get a ton of use out of them. First off, you should look over this thread as you can get a ton from a SC.

for saurus warriors in start collecting, you will probably want to build them with clubs until you get more of them to have a huge block of spears. Saurus knights is not a question always use Lances. For the big monster, you will usually want a single old blood on carno and build the rest as scar veterans.

for skinks, their weapon choice is up to you, and depends on their role. Bastiladons should be assembled with a solar engine, and build the flyers as terradons.

For an initial list, something like this could be effective
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Koatl's Claw

Leaders
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (250)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Dominant Predator
    - Artefact: Blade of Realities
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (110)
    - Artefact: Eviscerating Blade
    Skink Starpriest (120)

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    - Lances
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers

Battalions
    Firelance Temple-host (160)

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 63

although if you want to be really optimal you should talk with @LizardWizard he knows his stuff

Slikus Vaw and LizardWizard like this.
  3. Baymax98
    Jungle Swarm

Baymax98 New Member

Hi lizard,

Thanks so much for the advice!

I think my friend wants too do a 1200 point game, in this case would I want to chuck the scar vet on a carno too and bring in a unit of terradons riders? I believe that gets me to 1190 points.

Also thanks for the link! That's insane how much you can get out of it with a lil kit bashing.

Thanks again!

Slikus Vaw, LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  4. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan! Scar veterans on carnosaurs are pretty solid at the moment if you give them a warspear and eviscerating blade. You will have a few left over points, so terradons could be a solid choice, although if you want to get the most out of them, it’s almost certain that you will want a terradon chief, although terradons without them are still fast.

good luck, and there is also a battle reports sub forum if you want to post on your glorious victory :D

Slikus Vaw and LizardWizard like this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria.

@Lizerd has given you some great advice. Are you looking to build something themed and fun to play with or are wanting to be a competitive with your army as possible?

If you are looking to expand and become more competitive then I recommend picking up Lord Kroak or a Slann Starmaster next. Then either converting or buying an Astrolith Bearer. After that start buying boxes of Skinks and a Skink Priest (or convert on from the troglodon's Oracle).

Slikus Vaw and Lizerd like this.
  6. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

For gameplay it helps to put units into categories like hammers, anvils, support, magic, ect.

In AoS the game is about measurements nd rolling dice. There ain't anything you can do about rolling the dice better haha but when it comes to measurements, when your moving, make sure you keep in mind about your heros buff abilities and the threat ranges of your opponents stuff

LizardWizard likes this.