1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Seraphandy Well-Known Member

I posted elsewhere, but Seraphon are mentioned in 3 separate bits of text in White Dwarf, in a two page Seraphon conversion spread and are seen fighting Slaanesh.

I would contend that this is more than the last year combined.

I would suggest the odds of Seraphon being deleted is reduced and the likelyhood of something new increased.

Just being positive.........

Womboski and Dr.Doom like this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

nah, we get mentioned in the painting bits of white dwarf every so often. And there were a couple of armies on parade showcases.

Also, every so often there's a question in the letters section and we're mentioned in throw away sentences here and there in articles about other things (usually along the lines of "and then there were some seraphon that saved the world and noone really knows how or why or what but it happenend. Unfortunatly then they buggered off again before anyone could ask what they're up to.")

Dr.Doom, Erta Wanderer and Captaniser like this.
  3. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I was hanging my opinion heavily on the Malign Portents story Dying Star. It ends with the Seraphon ship in the story traveling to the "amethyst realm" to confront whatever has happened with the Necroquake. When the Ossiarchs came out, I thought it might be heading in the direction of a new combo box with Seraphon.

But, to your other comment; I'm also a little surprised that the boxed set isn't Cities of Sigmar.

4. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Found a new art piece of the ossiarch hero that will be coming with Feast of bones that also has a sneak peak at his rules.

[​IMG]

Bone dreadlocks, not bad actually.

Womboski, Dr.Doom and Imrahil like this.
  5. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

They still adding bravery-decreasing abilities to the world of Inspiring Presense and other similar abilities.

Womboski, Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  6. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

One lgs in town has more then just the start collecting box on the shelf they have an old metal carnosaur kit :p. Sadly I already have my lovely metal carnosaur and its not exactly priced to sell ;)

Dr.Doom likes this.
  7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

I'm blessed in that there are two such shops in easy travel distance. The first mostly carries 40K, with about a 75/25 split in favor of 40K. The second has more of a 55/45 split, but still in favor of 40K. Neither has much in the way of AoS leaders on hand, sticking mostly with SC boxes and the occasional older box of battleline. The one with more AoS does have some oddball stuff, but given the boxes, I suspect it has been sitting around for quite some time...

Dr.Doom likes this.
  8. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

Seems doubtful that Seraphon would be squatted. With Gw putting out little bits of story involving them here and there perhaps as a way to 'evolve' Seraphons background til they get to a point they feel ready to release them. In the Cities of Sigmar book the Seraphon are briefly mentioned in that they have conclaves established in several cities. Might be hinting that the armies Seraphon can ally with could be expanding.

9. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

think maybe the reason we arent too powerful is because most of our units are memories of originals and memories do fade no matter how intelligent you are. I think when the new book comes out slanns will be a rarity in lore and more of the brutish heros like nakia and korq-gar will be more present. think that one lore piece about stars dying nd that nagash is draining them and manages to kill a slann. i think it was in the malign portens lore stuff.

10. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

I would certainly hope that, with both the slann diverging in opinion from one another on how they should operate within the Mortal Realms and the means by which individual seraphon can come into existence, we get a few sub-factions to illustrate that. Are they a slann's memories made manifest for instance? Emphasize summoning with one sub-faction. Were they instead spawned on a temple-ship as ancient astronauts (as per Dying Star)? Emphasize the use of magitech or astromancy with another. Have they "gone native" in the Realms instead? Perhaps something more in line with their mortal ancestors, plus more options for allies.

We have yet to see what GW has been planning for Seraphon, of course, but if their track record is anything to go by it's entirely possible that they've already got new stuff for our faction ready to be released once they get through their current backlog.

Womboski, Dr.Doom and Seraphandy like this.
  11. Soinspir
    Skink

Soinspir Member

The real question is why are the Seraphons fighting the Orruks? Isn't the Seraphon supposed to only fight against Chaos? I think that perhaps the Orruks in their search for new battles have ended up crossing a portal that takes them to a Seraphon breeding territory. After all it is logical that the Slanns have tried to revive their race somewhere ...

12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Example:
    A city of humans/dwarves or an SCE garrison holds back Chaos worshippers in an area.
    Orruks come and kill them, because Waagh.
    Seraphon arrive, kill the Orruks to reestablish order.

The Seraphon know that they cannot be everywhere at once, so they help others that fight Chaos as well.
    In another situation they might help the Orruks (or at least don't interfere) as long as it helps against Chaos.
    And of course the Seraphon will fight Orruks (or even another Order faction) if they are attacked and/or the war against Chaos is threatened by those guys. Like for example fighting Kharadron Overlords that sell weapons to Chaos worshippers because it is profit to them.

Womboski, Dr.Doom, Nart and 3 others like this.
  13. Soinspir
    Skink

Soinspir Member

By the way, have you seen this?

Attached Files:

Womboski, Slikus Vaw, Lizerd and 3 others like this.
  14. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Not yet!
    Thanks for posting!

15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, there's some spells and stuff that work of bravery as well. It still serves a purpose in those cases as long as it affects the bravery characteristic. Stuff like our banners however are utterly pointless as it stands.

There's plenty of reasons. Maybe the orruks managed to get a hold of an important artifact, or they wandered into a place they shouldn't be in. Hell it's even possible they're just trying to guide an entire waagh to go into a certain direction so it crashes into a chaos force and they can wipe eachother out.

wait we have conclaves in cities now? That's new.

Dr.Doom, Womboski and Lizerd like this.
  16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

there is a sentence in the book that tells us about skink priest living in the big cities as diplomats

Dr.Doom, Womboski, Lizerd and 3 others like this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well there's a difference between a single diplomat (with a few bodyguards) and an actual conclave with a few dozen or even a few hundred seraphon.

It's interesting regardless though.

Dr.Doom, Womboski, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

it's like 2 or 3 individuals sorry

Dr.Doom, Womboski, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  19. Duo Sonata
    Skink

Duo Sonata Active Member

Not sure about one or two individuals as the mention in the Cities book i found is only a sentence that merely says that seraphon priests maintain conclaves in several cities, doesn't give any info to determine the size of the conclaves or number of priests maintaining them unless theres other sources i didn't see.
    Don't have an orruk warclan book but maybe the fight between them and seraphon is mentioned in it as the artwork is related to that army release. With Gordrakk targeting Azyr seems plausible Seraphon would take interest.

Dr.Doom, Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

a few tings make me think so first it says priests not starmasters so no slann in the city. meaning that the residence are flesh and blood seraphon which are few and far between. second we can not alie into cities armies so whatever force we do have in a city is either very small or not of a military nature.

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.