1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I love how Sacred Asterisms will finally let us choose the dominant constellation. Time to plan seriously some lists, instead of hoping to get the right roll to support a certain strategy.

and yes, coalesced armies seem to be made to shine with big dinosaurs. Bonus to jaws attacks and damage reduction is pretty neat.

Dr.Doom, Sebbs, LizardWizard and 4 others like this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah this surprised me. Makes me curious what the hell they're doing with Kroak. Though can't say I'm complaining. It's exactly the kind of stuff the Trog needs. Now my only worry for them is the hero-limit.
    I'm curious if this just means our own endless spells are bound or if we can also take control of an enemy's spell in some way. Cuz that'd be truly awesome. And really hammers home the concept of supreme wizards, throwing their own spells back at them.
    Imho a great improvement. It's a lot easier to keep this buff. Plus now you can bring 2 units of 30, or even 3 of 20 and have them actually be effective to some extend. Previously it was 40 or nothing.
    Why would those happen one at a time? A D3 dealing 2 damage is 2 damage, doesn't matter if those are mortal or not.
    I hope they manage to balance it out, but I do fear that one side or the other is going to be dominant... balancing utility against raw-stats rarely goes well.
    His spell seems far too powerfull for that.
    Nah, I'd expect them to still come in 10's but maybe at max 30 now. It just makes maintaining the buff a hell of a lot easier and means you can field multiple units with the horde bonus, instead of just the 1 block of 40. And if they reduce them to msu 5 that'd basicly negate that advantage completly.
    Imho, this I'm most pleased with, it all looks reasonable. There's nothing that stands out as absurdly powerfull or obviously weak. It mostly looks like fun, and frankly quite a lot of it seems to be ideas that have been floating around on here as well, so yay us :p

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Oh my bad, I confused you with the other FoS guy who does youtube shorts on his event experiences. I remember your Golden Sprue post and pics though :D

Dr.Doom, IggyStarhost and Lizerd like this.
  4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Haha no worries!!

I was the highest placing seraphon at da boyz and goldensprue so FoS was okayish, and I can see this book turning saurus heavy lists into real combat monsters. Itll just really depend, going up to 2 wounds would be helpful.

At that point coalesced would basically just be warclans which is kind of boring.

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

but it moving to end of movement means we can teleport just summoned in units.

Dr.Doom, Womboski, Imrahil and 5 others like this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Very true. It is a mixed bag. No more LoSaT'ing up to drop endless spells on the enemy's face. But like you said, we can teleport a summoned unit that wasn't pooped out by our EotGs.

Dr.Doom, Womboski, Imrahil and 3 others like this.
  7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Well, the Coalesced rules and particularly the Koatl's Claw subfaction are ticking my boxes so far. I look forward to seeing all the Saurus Warscroll changes in full! :joyful:

8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

rend was on the weapon for saurus, so no that's not battalion bound

9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Predatory fighter on Carnos is gonna be amazing though!

10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

another thing is we CANT be meta gamed against. if you know your opponent is bringing Seraphon, you wont know if hes bringing the shiny boys or the scaley boys

Dr.Doom, Slikus Vaw, Sebbs and 7 others like this.
  11. Foodstamp
    Skink

Foodstamp Active Member

Still more info is needed, but it sounds like the coalesced should have an alpha strike type battalion similar to shadowstrike. Stack on the buffs, dodge the enemies charge/advance, and try to kill as many as possible in one charge turn.

Never know, but they've listened to a lot of my wish lists so far (subfactions, monsters, a defense based mechanic). I would like to see an artillery based unit (stegadon with bow or bastiladon with more range?) to "force" the enemy into advancing into our alpha strike "trap".

I still see an anti-horde issue that I hope to see fixed with more rules are revealed. (stegadon spam maybe?)

12. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I double checked the rules, the mortal wounds are not applied one at a time, so if a spell deals more than one damage, and the ability isn't otherwise restricted from affecting mortals, our ability DOES reduce mortal wounds.

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard, Vinosh and 4 others like this.
  13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

yeah, the timing change for LoSaT opens up new different tactics, discontinuing some of the old ones.

i don't think we would be ever be able to do many of our old dirty tricks during the hero phase, and this could balance the boost received for things as the endless spells.

We'll see….

Dr.Doom, Womboski, Nart and 4 others like this.
  14. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

True, fortunately it looks like GW is leaning more towards give than take based off what we have seen so far.

15. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Seems to be correct. Huh. Must have been thinking of 40k. That's very nice.

16. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Was there not an FAQ that stated Mortal Wounds are applied 1 at a time as 1 damage each? I don't think we should assume yes or no yet, but definitely get a clarification as MWs do have a few interactions that aren't standard.

As to Horde killing.... Well, maybe Sauras will get extra attacks if they're up against a unit with greater numbers? Or perhaps Fire throwers/Razordons/salamanders/Kroxigors will be better at Anti-horde?

edit- BOLA SKINKSA! I do want Fireleech bola Terradons to be scary against low save hordes. That'd be the best.

17. SkinkBait
    Saurus

SkinkBait Active Member

First off Woot woop yeehaw new book.

Now for stuff that I thought of. . .

Trog wizards dropping comets yes please.
    Never thought Stegadons were gonna be the battleline for monster mash. Thought trogs would have been.
    I need more Stegadons.
    LoSaT in the movement phase means we can teleport freshly summoned units.
    Also if terradons still drop rocks after movement we can freely fly them in, drop rocks, and teleport to safety.
    I need more Stegadons
    Big coalesced dinos with extra bites will be great
    I think saurus will be wonderfully glass hammers. With the right buffs they will swamp anything in number of dice, but they still won't really hold up to something smacking them. (I think this is where they should be)
    I need more Stegadons.

18. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Are most mortal wound abilities even ‘attacks’? If caused by a spell or special ability, I’m not sure whether scaly skin will apply?

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

there are a few like the teroregyst and the huricanium

LizardWizard likes this.
  20. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

gotrek caused an faq as did tzeench, mortal wounds are unsaveable wounds that deal damage. the damage is still reduceable. each instance of damage is a single source. so an attack that deals 2 would deal 1 and a spell that deals d3 would deal d3-1 (not less than one)