1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

Please No! I for one hate the fact we have spaceships...

TrevBot likes this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

What I mean is that if GW do decide, for some reason, give Sylvaneth a large number of new non-Endless-spell models with their update, it’s going to be a real kick in the nether-regions to Fyreslayers and Flesh-Eater Courts, who got very few, given that both of those factions need some extra units to bulk out their army just as much, if not more, especially as they were older concepts and got their original tomes first - they should have some sort of precedence in terms of getting new models. Being a Fyreslayers fan myself, I would just get really wound up if that happened, especially because I honestly don’t like Sylvaneth much at all - it would just be really unfair and would prove that Sylvaneth would get almost as much favouritism as Sigmarines.

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, at least sylvaneth are vaguely Original and look halfway interesting. Plus, unlike SCE they don't have 903485083405780384508 models saturating the game already.

Having said that, I doubt they'l get many new models. The skaven vs fleshcourt box also only introduced 1 new model for each faction, so it'd be odd if the sylvanet would now suddenly get multiple new models in a random box versus the grots. Especially as that'd probably imply the grots would get some new stuff as well, otherwise it'd be a rather weird box, but with them being such a new army that'd be even weirder.

4. Val Muna
    Saurus

Val Muna Active Member

Yeah that's fair, but honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about. This year very few factions will get a lot of new models(Slaanesh as an example), and many will get updated books (With Spells), and a few more factions will get a hero or war-band here and there (KO, Sylv). Sylvaneth just got an Underworlds warband: Ylthari's Guardians. So I say that'll likely take of them in the new model dept for a while. They might get a hero is they do get the boxed set with Grots akin to Carrion Empires, and it would be weird at that point if they didn't get their book and spells for parity.

The factions have a bit of a scale wrt total model count. Some are designed to run on fewer models: FEC, Fyreslayers, Ironjawz, etc. And then there are the middle of the road: DoK, Sylvaneth, KO, etc. and of course the high-model-diversity ones like SCE, Seraphon, LoN, etc. This allows for people who play and collect differently to pick their poison, so to speak. Seraphon is and will be a collectors army, I mean to build a bench that allows for adequate summoning flexibility in-game, you have to already damn-near bring TWO Seraphon armies with you. Some folks want just to bring a pile of angry dwarfs and be done with it. Sucks though when those two preferences diverge, i.e. your preferred army aesthetic etc, clashes with the list-building theory of a given army.

5. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

If the Seraphon get endless spells, terrain, and a new Battletome, I'll be happy. As much as I'd like a new model or two, we already have so many it's difficult to collect them all. Maybe new sculpts of Kroxigors or something but even that is a lot to ask. I'm holding out faith to Sotek that we get an update in the fall or winter this year.

Seraphandy likes this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

… I got like 99% of our line in eh, two years.. (I only lack kroxigor.. and in fairness I don't have enough skinks and such to be effective, let alone summon) Maybe my girlfriend has a point when she says I collect to many of em..

7. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

I'm reaching my year 1 mark and I'm missing Krox, Razors, and a handful of heroes. Luckily, my wife says I can collect as many as I want, as long as I buy responsibly, paint them as they come, and store them properly. Sounds fair to me.

Val Muna likes this.
  8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

we're simply starting to run out of space. Our appartement is a bit oddly sized (somewhere halfway between a 1-person and 2-person appartement) and we got a lot of windows (so no space for shelves….). Even I'm getting annoyed at the lack of space for them (and other stuff.. it'd be lovely if doing laundry didn't mean half the place is covered in sheets). If it weren't for that it'd be much less of an issue.

LordBaconBane likes this.
  9. Val Muna
    Saurus

Val Muna Active Member

With respect to more models: Updates to aging runs is always nice. But don't discount how "fresh" our current line can feel game-wise with a bit more internal balance. If they make even 70% of our models feasible and playable, our army selection will immediately feel larger. Break out of the Slaan, EotG, Ripper, and Skinks rut that comprises 80% of 80% of all lists. Even just making Saurus a "good but different-feeling" choice for battle line will add ALOT more room to breath.

Audvin likes this.
  10. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

Tell me about it! I have a list of warscroll tweaks I hope would make it in the next update.

4+ save on Saurus Warriors, 2 wounds on temple guard, reworking the Kroxigor special ability, an actual reason why to roll with a Carnosaur as your leader, tweaks to the Terradon so it's bombs are more useful, etc.

Val Muna likes this.
  11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I have this weird feeling one of the next books could be Sylvaneth. How they teased Looncurse, which looks like Gloomspite Vs Sylvaneth because of all the roots and stuff.

12. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Agreed good money is on sylvaneth, on the other hand I don't remember many signs or portents before the dwarves got their book soo..... keep watching the skies?

13. Val Muna
    Saurus

Val Muna Active Member

Right. There is a difference between "Being Featured in the Next Boxed Game", and getting a pretty nonchalant battletome update +spells. The prior will have with it much fanfare and whatnot, whereas the latter will just sort of happen, much like Fyreslayers. I feel.

Looking here: https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar_books#Battletomes We are now the oldest. Of the oldest production run (2015) only Seraphon and Everchosen (Slaves to Darkness) remain. Then in 2016, the oldest are Ironjawz, Sylvaneth, and Bonesplitterz, and Beastclaw Raiders. By GA: Death is fairly up to date now, with LoN being the oldest, and few can argue it has truly fallen out of date. Death might could use a brand new faction, though. Destruction remains the most out of date with truly only GS Gits being remotely up to date. Chaos has been getting updates, and I'd suggest that maybe their turn is nearly over, but with Warcry having a decidedly chaos theme to it, i'd say we are not yet done. Everchosen, Slaves to Darkness, Darkoath, and Chaos Mortals in general also tie in well with Warcry; i can see a series of related releases there. Warcry was initially going to be 6, fully new, mortal chaos bands, all of which could be seen to comprise a general Chaos Undivided/Mortal army, such as Darkoath/STD/Etc. And once headed by Archaeon, the Warcry in-fighting would come to an end. At last glimpse, they added on 9 (but only 8 pictured) non-chaos faction to warcry,
    upload_2019-4-23_15-57-49.png
    Going Clockwise from the upper right:
    1) SCE,
    2) Nighthaunt,
    3) what appears to be for sure Orruk, and quite similar to Ironjawz
    4) Either Idoneth or Sylvaneth, most likely
    Moving to Lower Left:
    5) Clearly gloomspite
    6) FEC,
    7) What looks like DoK
    8) Orruk-looking, but more closely resembles Grand Alliance Destruction's symbol.

For these they have not stated that new models will be in production, and it is my suspicion that players grew angry when initially Warcry appeared to be Chaos only. They have stated that models fro AOS will be usable in Warcry, so my guess is this will be more bolt-on rules than truly integrated into Warcry. Noted as missing: Skaven and Seraphon. Skaven might be introduced via one of the 4 other unseen chaos warbands.

The Fence in the middle are The Iron Golems. The horned skull in the top left of the red are the Beasty-Chaos that have yet to be formally introduced, but shown during the Warcry Announcement, and the others remain a total secret.

And after that long digression, that leaves the schedule for Order. If you want to consider Idoneth and Dok as "Up to date enough" even though they are technically V1, then that leaves KO and Seraphon. KO just got new Underworlds models, so that bodes well for them in 2019. Toss in a few more compulsive SCE releases. And MY GOD you'd RALLY think Seraphon would be soon, wouldn't ya?

I've lost track of my point.

14. Jurrasic Carp
    Skink

Jurrasic Carp Member

I think it’s dangerous to look at what’s fair. We aren’t gw and for all we know they are like we just gave them new rules in ghb with summoning they are in a super great spot.

Anyway trying to logic out when we will get an update compared to other armies based on when our turn is, can be dangerous.

15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

You gotta admit, they make some neat adds

Killer Angel likes this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

they know their job. :D

Canas likes this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The one with a knight a little bit back was quite awesome as well

18. Val Muna
    Saurus

Val Muna Active Member

Another shot here:

upload_2019-4-24_9-31-44.png

LordBaconBane likes this.
  19. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

My best guess is well be out paired with Slaves to darkness/Everchosen. The ultimate chaos is a heavy reason for the slann to come meddling!

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah, fluff-wise I'd expect us to be the response to slaanesh waking up and doing his/her/its thing.

Seraphandy and IggyStarhost like this.