1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

So Hamerhal is just one of the various cities in the book, but it’s the only one to mention us. With some minor paraphrasing, that’s exactly what it says.

I’m not sure whether to take it as a positive thing though?
    Lore wise, Seraphon DON’T share those cities. But does that make us something other than ‘Order’ in the future?

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

that mite be cool we already have so litle to do with order as it is it would make seance to split us off. we would need more then just us thou time will tell

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

We are the children of the Old Ones .
    We were there before everyone... before humans, before elves and before Sigmar himself.

So it's not that we are a part of the Order... it's the Order that shares some of our rightful points of view.

4. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

I have one serious question: what happened to the great plan? For fantasy it is what defined us as a species and now in AoS I have not seen it mentioned at all. Was it abandoned when the old world was destroyed or are the slann still carrying it out in their own ways?

5. Audvin
    Saurus

Audvin Active Member

To quote QI: «Nobody knows..!»

Canas likes this.
  6. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

And that’s possibly the biggest problem with the faction at the moment - our lore is so undefined.

As an aside, now that we know there’s a movement to discontinuing ‘warhammer legacy’ models, I do also wonder if we’ll get a ‘tidied up’ Battletome when it comes. Maybe the old units which don’t get updated will just be removed...?

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, the new cities of sigmar soup tome is combining a load of factions with redundant models. Which makes sense, you got the troops of what's essentially 6 or 7 different factions, there's bound to be some overlap. In our case our various models have distinct niches with little to no overlap, both in fluff and in the actual game. Removing them would end up gutting the faction and leaving awkward gaps. So I don't think that'l happen even with a complete overhaul.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Probably, like with the Greenskinz.

9. ThePhilosopherX
    Saurus

ThePhilosopherX Active Member

Kharadron overlords were mentioned in the Cities of Sigmar reveal, so I don’t think they’ll get their own Battletome, at least for a long time.

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Don't those already have one?

11. Aginor
    Slann

Yep. However IIRC they are kinda in the same situation as Seraphon. A lot of their warscrolls have changed, and they are a bit underpowered to say the least.

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Really? I thought they were still one of the more recent ones and with the amount of shooting they have I would've expected them to stay relevant relativly easily. Plus don't they have rend and D3 Damage on even a lot of their relativly basic troops?

13. Aginor
    Slann

I am not completely sure about it, but IIRC the problem was that they are an extreme one trick pony and no good in melee.
    Together with Look Out Sir and other means against ranged weapons (palisade, artefacts and so on) that makes them way worse than they look like.
    And the other thing is magic. They don't have any defense against magic and no wizards, so they suffer a lot since Malign Sorcery was released.

Canas and Killer Angel like this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Not an expert but, AFAIK:
    their battletome is relatively recent, but they got updated warscrolls in the GHB2018.
    they mostly shoot poorly (4+), so they need heavy synergies, and despite the last consistent drops in points, their main feature (the ships!) are still underperforming.
    So, it's mostly endrinriggers spam.

edit: and very poor magic defense, only available with dedicated characters

Canas likes this.
  15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Mm, I'd assume look out sir and such become less of an issue if your whole army is shooting, if nothing else you can just shoot away the guards providing the bonus. But yeah I guess a bit too much of a one-trick pony.

Didn't realise the complete lack of magic defense though, expected them to have some rune-smith like options that could dispell.

16. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Dragonfire Well-Known Member

I play Kharandron, and they started off amazingly strong but their book came out before 2.0 and after a series of nerfs and changes they are just OK. They really need to be paired with another Order army to make up for their losses. That said, their Alpha Strike Armada is still pretty potent and I believe I saw it on the top 20 list of armies at the most recent AoS tourney?

17. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I believe, there won't be any new rules for Stomrcasts, Kharadrons or Sylvaneth. They just can be taken as a part of Cities army without breaking allegience.

Canas likes this.
  18. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

KO is looking pretty tasty after GHB 2019, shooting is just so strong against a lot of the meta armies right now and the points drop KO got were pretty drastic.

I can't see them getting a book before seraphon, but who knows!!

19. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Sylvaneth make sense to me as well. They aren’t really there to help people. They are just fighting to stop chaos from destroying their forests. Game wise they don’t need any new rules after the new codex. New Drycha murders all.

ChapterAquila92 and ILKAIN like this.
  20. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

new drycha is nuts 26 attacks! with rend!