1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Good point. Although a Coatl doesn’t need to look at all similar!
    Some proper feather embellishments on the head, crest, tip of the tail etc and it would have its own silhouette.

It’s a huge long-shot, but we can dream!

LizardWizard and Val Muna like this.
  2. Val Muna
    Saurus

Val Muna Active Member

That seems to be all we can do. Dream, and remember.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

dream of all that is lost of those left behind in the mists of time those lost in the fires from the sky. do not forget for only when the last memeory fades are the dead gone. and thus is our charge as we drift amonst the stars that we remember the lost and so bring them back. to resist the dark powers that no more will be forgotten.

LizardWizard and ASSASSIN_NR_1 like this.
  4. SkinkBait
    Saurus

SkinkBait Active Member

Do you think since we don't have rules for Warcry we may get some with our update?

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Val Muna
    Saurus

Val Muna Active Member

No, i don't. Many other established factions don't. Eventually? Likely, if war cry does well and there appears to be an appetite for non chaos factions

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

ScorchedDragon Active Member

What about, and listen closely now. Feathered Dinosaurs

Slikus Vaw, Val Muna and LizardWizard like this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Doesn't fit the overall aesthetic too much. Right now our feathers are just details, a completly covered one would probably stand out a lot.

Might be interesting though I guess, but it'd require a bunch of em to be released at the same time to ensure consistency.

Seraphandy, LizardWizard and Nart like this.
  8. GuaDan
    Kroxigor

GuaDan Well-Known Member

Personally, I would really enjoy some feathered dinosaurs.
    Paleoart is going crazy about them, imagine what a fantasy miniature could look like!

Val Muna and LizardWizard like this.
  9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I would be very pleased if they went this route with a few new miniatures.

10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if warhammer did the scientific route and put feathers on dinosaurs, but I doubt they will as to many have complained that feathers “don’t look cool/scary” meaning it might put off some buyers

GuaDan and LizardWizard like this.
  11. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

Oh no, I’m not talking about skinks with feathers or anything, I’m just wondering , seeing as quite a few games have been updating their dinosaurs with feathers, if we could see even a new war beast with feathers. It would be a nice flare to sort of revitalize our faction

LizardWizard, Val Muna and Lizerd like this.
  12. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

It definitely would be in the realm of possibility if we are getting new models, and would still fit with the whole Aztec theme so a new warbeast or hero with feathers would look awesome, for example @Lord Skal'terakk has a feathered Saurus Oldblood that looks incredible

LizardWizard and Val Muna like this.
  13. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

I just hope we get something new. Some times I wake up in the middle of the night with a cold sweat thinking we are the next Tomb Kings :)

My realistic wish list is new sarus models for Warriors/Guard and Knights, new Salamander/Razor Kit, Slann and Endless Spells. That's a lot but it seems reasonible. Maybe some Sarus foot leaders are cut or left untouched.I think the other plastic Skink units hold up okay and they would put their efforts into Sarus. Sarus Knights need some love big time.

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I could see it with a new, winged behemoth (quetzalcoatl).
    That's my only Real Xmas wish: a new seraphon battletome, and a quetzalcoatl as new model with rainbow wings.

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  15. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I hope it’s at least on the “God” scale like Nagash and Alarielle. It needs to be a giant centerpiece model.

LizardWizard and Lizerd like this.
  16. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

I’d be surprised if we had new Slann, as from the recent stories it sounds like the Slann are dying off.

17. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

This reminds me of Tyranids at the start of 40k 8E. Lots of people were expecting similar things to go along with the release of the new Codex, and nothing happened.

I would really temper my expectations, especially because GW does not seem to be in any hurry whatsoever to retire their crappy finecast models (which drives me nuts and is a pet peeve of mine).

18. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

In the meantime all we can do is grow our ranks and activate the spawning pools as the Slann wither, the new age is at hand and may the stars guide us through these dark days

19. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I realise that killing of the Slann might irk some WFB purists, but I'm not entirely opposed to this decision. I think there would be something really cool about seeing the humble Skinks rise above their traditional role as underlings to lead the Lizardmen into a new era (one that is based in reality rather than being remembered into stardust or... something...).

I like the Slann, but if they have to be phased out to make way for newly imagined Seraphon units them I'm all for it.

Lizerd, Seraphandy and LizardWizard like this.
  20. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

I mean , sacrifices must be made, and they have done all they can, the Slann seem to have aged more and more and even Kroak fought even as a mummy frog. I think they more than deserve their rest. Though this does leave a terrifying future where the skinks, same skinks that let a majority of the Slann die to the skaven because they wanted to bring everything the Slann might want, in charge of not only our race, but , and hear me out here, DRIVING OUR SHIPS

PabloTho, Lizerd, Seraphandy and 2 others like this.