1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New scaly addition to Soteks cohorts from Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Xicohtencatl, May 17, 2019.

1. Xicohtencatl
    Skink

Xicohtencatl Member

Be blessed mighty Slann,

For many years i have been fan of warhammer , but when the Old World seized to exist, well exploded.. I was not happy and decided to start collecting 40K. Right now it seems the that GW has been doing a great job with the gaming system for AoS and after opening my mind and hearth (and forgetting about all the adventures of old world) i decided to start an army of Lizardmen, well Seraphon , kinda need to get used to that :D

Im in the middle of research of how will my army be themed, so right now im digging around Aztec and Mayan civilization and also around how and why do lizards have colors they do... i think im going to go for more realistic approach for my army. Seems that in previous editions of fantasy battles - Lizardmen were painted in many color variants and since then GW wants to have blue as theirs faction main color. Why blue? is there something in the lore i have missed? i dont want my skinks to feel blue :D

YO LISTEN UP HERES A STORY,
    About a little skink that lives in a blue world,
    And all day and all night and every skink he sees is just blue, like him, inside and outside,
    Blue his temple with a blue little statue,
    And some blue magic,
    And everything is blue for him,
    And himself, and every saurus around,
    Cause he ain't got, no slann, to listen,

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome aboard, glad you decided to give a try to AoS. A very different system if you compare it to WHFB, but with many positive aspects.

See you around, if you have any question about everything, don't be afraid to ask! :)

3. Xicohtencatl
    Skink

Xicohtencatl Member

Well there is one question in my introduction, why are lizardmen sorry seraphon :D given blue as a standard color scheme? does the lore talk about this topic?

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, up 'til the 5th edition lizardmen were painted green.
    The blue appeared in 6th edition and remained in 7th and 8th. Don't know why… to sell more blue colors?

AoS took the heritage of that, and at least it makes more sense to have blue reptilians in spaaaaace than in a jungle.

Warden, Imrahil and Xicohtencatl like this.
  5. Xicohtencatl
    Skink

Xicohtencatl Member

Yea thats what i also found around on some thread. You are right now it makes more sense to have blue space reptiles. I still imagine that their space ships, those huge temples still hold some ancient flora inside and as a natural predators i think i will use more "earthy" approach for their color scheme.

Killer Angel and Imrahil like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

The standard color is blue but I don't think they ever explained why.

However the Seraphon battletome has other colors (granted, all are variants of "some shade of blue + something else") in it as well, so you can canonically say that not all Skinks/Saurus are the blue color you see on most pictures.

The cool thing about Seraphon is that they look cool in every color.
    I have seen all sorts of green, black, yellow, purple, blue, red, brown and even white.

Go crazy with any color you like! :)

Warden, Xicohtencatl and Imrahil like this.
  7. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along!

My first and only advice :cool:

Gr, Imrahil

Aginor and Xicohtencatl like this.
  8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Listen up, here's the story.

In fifth edition GW painted Lizardmen in a wide vareity of colors. In sixth edition they added a mechanic that marks of the Old Ones could give a unit special upgrades and certain colors were officially linked to certain qualities.

The only became blue later because the GW publishers and art layout people for the books moved in a general direction that every army should have a unified color schemes. Lizardmen were made blue across the board because realistically a lizard would be blue, green or brown. Orcs and Goblins have green sewn up and many armies have a brown color scheme. Lizardmen were made blue because few other armies were blue.

Pick any color or combination of colors you like.

Let us know if you have any other questions about gameplay, painting, fluff, or anything else.

Imrahil, Killer Angel and Warden like this.
  9. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! Be sure to paint your Seraphon however colour you like - we’re officially creatures of pure star magic now, so feel free to go as nuts as you like whilst still being true to the lore! :D

10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Welcome aboard!

Basically this. Orcs -> green, so lizardmen became blue.

Buuuuuut I prefer the green for my mayan lizards. Paint them any color you want (especially if that color is green :D)

Imrahil likes this.