1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New Seraphon Battletome release date

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Vinosh, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

to answer in order. we don't know but probably. KO and CoZ are already out in the U.S and U.K you're probably behind because of Australian shipping. yes and no for most of us it will be sooner for our friends down under. who knows?

cuteskink likes this.
  2. cuteskink
    Cold One

cuteskink Well-Known Member

If they announce new models I'm preordering on the spot.

God I want it so baddddd

Carnikang and Erta Wanderer like this.
  3. Asamu
    Temple Guard

Asamu Well-Known Member

It's almost certainly releasing in Feb.
    "You won’t have long to wait until this new Seraphon battletome and scenery hits shelves – keep an eye out for more previews soon."
    I'm guessing previews will start next week, preorders go up next saturday or the saturday after that, then the book releases the following Saturday. There are probably no other new models, given the announcement (They would have been shown at the event). It's probably not going to take more than a month at the longest for the battletome to be released.

Aelves are probably ~3 months out, considering they gave no hints at a release date, which seems pretty typical for new army releases. Show some models at a big event -> show a couple more models and give some teasers over the next couple of months -> wait a bit longer -> release.
    I'm guessing Aelves will get a boxed set with Nurgle or something, seeing as that's the only chaos faction that still needs an update.

cuteskink and Carnikang like this.
  4. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

This would be my main hope for the new battletome.

Imo the biggest problem Lizardmen have always suffered from is the insidious Skinks.

When you think Lizardmen you think giant dinosaurs smashing things up.

However, because the Skinks are so powerful, it turns what should be a bull in a china shop, into a elephant dancing around a mouse.

I always thought Lizarmen should play like slaves to darkness, the skinks should be only as good as marauders.

I know now, that all light chaff has been promoted to the best units in the game. And elite warriors are mostly redundant.

I like Skinks, I would like to play an all skink build. Lead by a starseer who can summon.

I would also like to play an all saurus build. But mixing them together for me, means 1 of them has to be nerfed severely.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

but Marauders are the best unit in STD

samheim likes this.
  6. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Yes i know, I think chaff should be chaff tho. I think its wrong that they make chaff the best units in the game.

7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well thats down to how games are won. question what is the most important stat in the game? well it's movement we have seen with gotrek that a unit can be a monster in combat but that doesn't matter if he cant get into combat. and puting that aside killing is not how you win games points are you can table an opponent and he will still win if he has the most points. lizardwizard makes great use of this fact in his lists and turnaments. so unless you want to make all the heavies just as fast as the skirmishers(and in doing so make them usless) that fact will not change.

IggyStarhost likes this.
  8. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Then they need to rename the game then. It should not be called warhammer. They need to change it to, evasion hammer, Age of side stepper.

A_Reptile_Dysfunction and rychek like this.
  9. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

In fairness, I think Warhammer armies have used "chaff" since the beginning. Warhammer represents medieval battlefield combat (albeit with high fantasy). I don't think any medieval army was full of exclusively elite troops. You had your few elites, your more soldiers, and your most militia. Look at classic Empire, Chaos, Undead, Skaven, Orcs & Goblins, or Bretonnia. They all had cheap(er) "regular" troops to fill the table next to the expensive "elites". Even Elves and Dwarves had their "chaff".

Since wars are often won with resources and bodies, if you can out spend or out last your enemy, you win. I think AoS is still kind of like that, although since the game has shifted away from ranks of massed bodies, there is more emphasis on smaller stronger units.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  10. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

This isn't strictly true. I just think the word 'chaff' has lost meaning in Age of Sigmar.

Units like Grots, Gnoblars or Skinks are true chaff - disposable frontlines that wont usually do much except hold objectives and die.

On the other hand, factions like Bonereapers don't really even have chaff. Deepkin piggyback entirely off of their Eel cavalry, etc.

Just because a unit happens to be the cheapest in their respective roster doesn't make it chaff. 10 Witch Aelves placed in front of your Cauldron of Blood are chaff. 30 Witch Aelves buffed by a Hag Queen is the backbone of your army.

Canas and samheim like this.
  11. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Skinks are not the best unit in the game. They are terrible for anything other than movement shenanigans and blocking units that WILL kill you. Thats what chaff does.

As another reactive comment, war is about more than punching your enemy. Its about placement, whether that is macro or micro placement, resource management, and bluffing. Actual combat is often a forgone conclusion when you take into consideration the imbalance of forces and other strategic assets.

12. cuteskink
    Cold One

I should probably hold off buying anything Seraphon until the new battletome is out so we know what units are good/bad right? Don't wana buy 300 skinks and they get nerfed in the next week...

Carnikang and Erta Wanderer like this.
  13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i cant imagine them nurfing skinks . what on earth would they make worse?

Dr.Doom, Skained and Schwaaah like this.
  14. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

No Wary Fighter..... Lol....

Dr.Doom and PabloTho like this.
  15. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

yeah I slowed my buying and painting as rumors of us started to get solidified... but once they confirmed I stopped. I want to redirect myself in the proper direction and not have 100's of hours put into models that wont be viable for competing after the release

Cuetzpal Pilli and Carnikang like this.
  16. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

I made a spread sheet of all my Seraphon models and I am not buying more until the release/more are painted.

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  17. Schwaaah
    Saurus

Schwaaah Active Member

I am not going to buy anymore just in case new hotness gets released, or they nerf something into the ground. However, I am trying to paint up my backlog so that I can use what I already have, and also not despair too much about digging myself into a deeper hole if I get more lizards in the new book excitement.

18. cuteskink
    Cold One

You know what's definitely being nerfed? The fucking shadowstrike 3 inch deployment on Ripperdactyls

Also GOD can battletome leaks just come out already? I want to buy my lizards!
    Feels like there isn't ANYTHING that's a "safe buy" right now D:

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ya probably. and it could be a few weeks yet at least we know that we wont get anything this week they are to busy with the campaign book

20. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

Since we got the LuminLord feature this week, that means next week is open, right?!

... although I realize now that if that is true it's probably going to be a 40k week. Guessing the new Admech stuff will more than likely be featured...