1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sylvaneth models - pictures

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Jun 27, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

For those interested...

wd8.jpg wd1.jpg wd2.jpg wd3.jpg wd4.jpg wd6.jpg wd7.jpg

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I think I kinda actually like these. :shy:

Bowser likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm not a fan of the conjoined wood elf - tree people, but the others aren't too bad. The beetle model is actually quite stunning, but those wings look a little too fragile for gaming purposes. Still, it's a pretty cool center piece model.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

From my crude understanding of French, I think they are sprites/tree people ?

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Well...that might have just settled what my next army will be :)

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Nice!
    Leaving outside the guys in the 4th pic (which I find terrible :sour:) I like these models!

Alarielle sounds like a badass eco-friendly amazon :joyful: and I can't wait to see her with my eyes.
    The others have a sort of Daemon - Malignant - Spectre feel, and honestly this's a Pro to me:
    I was tired of the axiom nature = good, and these models certainly don't have the "heroic paladin" look.

Now the Cons:
    - the loooooooong spectral fingers of the Spite-Revenants.
    I'm ok with the branch-hands, but the spectre-ones feel empty to me.
    - the standard in the 3rd image.
    Wasn't possible to have a model with a cortex shaped as a standard, or something similar instead
    of the traditional "standard bearer"?
    - the bows (and weapons in general, maybe...).
    They seem too artificial to be held by the warriors of Life/Nature itself. Maybe the fluff is gona cover this,
    or maybe I'm just too finicky :p
    - the colour schemes shown in pictures #2 and #4

I love the model shown in the penultimate photo (is that honeycomb?).

Thanks @NIGHTBRINGER for the infos!

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

These are incredible. I really think these are fantastic. Grom Alarielle riding her stag beetle to the tree nymphs. So exciting! When I make my grand alliance i am definitely getting some of these!

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Dame your worse than me!

Phoedinn and Bowser like this.
  10. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Ok guys, now who knows a little bit of Frainçais so we can understand how good are these models' rules? :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    n810 likes this.
  11. heksagon
    Saurus

heksagon Active Member

Translated by Temouloun on the war-of-sigmar:

Alarielle abilities:
    - Talon of the Dwindling: For each character injured but not killed by this weapons, roll two dice. If the result is a double 6 or higher than the current wound characteristic of the model, it is slain.
    - Blossomed life: heal d3 wounds in each of your hero phase
    - Swiping blows: You can add 1 to the hit rolls of the Wardroth antlers attacks if the enemy units has 5 models or more.
    - Living Ram: If the Wardroth Beetle ends a charge move 1" away from a scenery piece, every other unit in that scenery piece takes d3 mortal wounds.
    - Amphoras of souls: In her hero phase, Alarielle roll one D6 and look up the result on the table. You can choose any ability lower than the result of your dice. 1-3 Every Sylvaneth at 30" around heal d3 wounds. 4 Set up 2d6 dryads. 5 Set up d6 tree revenants. 6 Set up a Treelord. All set up units must be 9" or less away from Alarielle and 3" or more than any enemy model.

Magic:
    - 3 spells and counter spells
    - Metamorphosis: Pick an enemy unit up to 16" away. Casting value of 5, roll as many dice as the casting result. Every 4+ inflicts a mortal wound. If the last model of the unit is killed that way, place a set up a sylvaneth wyldwood where the unit was but 1" away from any other unit and scenery.

Command ability:
    - Wrath of Ghyran: Once per battle, you can re-roll all wound rolls of all Sylvaneth units until your next hero phase.

---

Branchwych has +1 to hit if she's near a Sylvaneth Wyldwood and 4 attacks instead of 2 if she's been injured in this combat phase. Her spell is: Fel'o'the wisp - Cast of 5, for every unit a 10" roll as many dice as the casting result. Every roll of 6 inflicts a mortal wound.

---

- Kurnoth are always in range of Sylvaneth Command Abilities and give that to every Sylvaneth 10" away from them. They have a thornwall like Dryads. No move but reroll failed save rolls. At the end of the combat phase they can trample an enemy unit. Every Kurnoth model rolls a dice and inflicts a mortal wound on a 4+.
    - Tree revenants can engage at 6" instead of 3. They can teleport to wyldwoods or on the edge of the table. They can reroll one dice of their choice once per phase.
    - Spite revenants just give bravery debuffs to enemies around, particularly around scenery.

---

Drycha.

Abilities:
    - Flitterfuries: For every unit in range roll 10 dice. Ever result of 6 inflicts a mortal wound.
    - Squirmlings: Pick a unit in range. For every model in range, roll a dice. Every result above the value indicated above, inflict a mortal wound.
    - Changing mood: At the beginning of every turn, including your opponent turn, roll a dice. 1-3 she's enrage. 4-6 she's melancolic. Enraged- reroll results of 1 for the flitterfuries and double the slashing talon's attack value. Melancolic- substract 2 to the wound chart value. reroll results of 1 for the squirmlings.
    - Song of spite. Spite revenant units 10" around her can reroll wound rolls of 1.

Magic:
    - 1 spell/counter spell
    - Primordial terror: Casting value of 6. Roll a dice for every enemy unit at 10" or less and add 2 to the result. If the result is higher than their bravery, inflict as many mortal wounds as the difference between the roll and their bravery value.

---

Freddy25, n810 and Bowser like this.
  12. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Thanks for the translation :D

13. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah I am definitely getting some Drycha Hamadreths.

14. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Thanks for the translation!
    Wow, these models are dangerous... :confused:

Bowser likes this.
  15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Not sure how I feel about these yet. They are a much more monstrous incantation than any "wood elves" I have ever seen before. Definitely are capturing the "feral" and "dark" nature aspect that the wood elves aspired too... I need to see better pictures before I make up my mind about them.

Also not sure what that necron-beetle thing that the sorceress is riding in the first picture.

pendrake and Bowser like this.
  16. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I'm the same looks like they have taken spare parts from some undead models, the colour scheme doesn't work for me, also that "beetle" looks weird could be the camera angle though.

17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think that's what they were going for. Revenant is someone who is back from the dead. Tree nymphs would be spectral, so it makes sense to me!

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The AoSification of Wood Elves. :meh:

pendrake and Jorgik like this.
  19. heksagon
    Saurus

heksagon Active Member

You don't get just one thing. Sylvaneth and Wood Elves are just separate armies. And to be precise- Sylvaneths hate Wood Elves in AoS new lore- because Wood Elves (now "Wanderers") "betrayed" Alarielle. Do your research. :p

Bowser likes this.
  20. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

There's nothing wrong with branching out (Sorry) from the usual high fantasy mould.
    Still traces of the past, but attempting to trailblaze a new direction. Not for everyone of course, but trying new things can lead to great things.

Freddy25 likes this.