1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New Thunderquake list for a 2k campaign, looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by zubrin, Jun 8, 2019.

1. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

Hi all. My shop is having a multi-week long campaign and I am looking at the following list.

Zubrin - Allegiance: Seraphon
    LEADERS
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Great Rememberer
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact : Goblet of Draining
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact : Wraithbow
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    UNITS
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    3 x Razordons (120)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)

BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon (280)
    Stegadon (220)

BATTALIONS
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

The list is inspired by a few other lists here and combining it into a playstyle I prefer. I am usually pretty aggressive as a Seraphon player and often bank on rippers to take out my enemies, but I don't have room for them in this list. Do I just summon and teleport skinks? The Shyish artifacts are there for added damage and focusing on heroes, though Wraithbow can be pretty meh. I believe I can declare my realm and have a 50% chance of playing in that realm, so that can be important.

In terms of setup, it seems like the Engines and Thunderquake really wants to clump up with skinks in the front. Is this how people generally play it or do you do something different? How aggressive or turtley do you play?

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Scurvydog
    Saurus

Scurvydog Active Member

The core list is fine I think, super summoning focus like this will require a perfect deployment though, as you have nothing but 30 measly skinks to protect you from the start, so a 1st turn alpha strike list could rip this apart potentially, a stormcast shooting list could wipe out your main engine and slann instantly. Against others this will fare really well though.

To mitigate the main problem, I would look at some more useful artifacts to keep your main dudes alive. 1st is your primary engine, the one in the battalion, without that, you lose all bonuses, so give that an etheral amulet or ignax scales, depending on your meta, mortal wound spam ignax, deepstriking/shooting go for ethereal.

I would then give the Slann the blabla ret.. retri... eh the one from GHB that allows you to survive with d6 wounds on a 3+ after dying.

3. beaubinski
    Jungle Swarm

beaubinski New Member

I recently started playing thunder quake, also I'm fairly new in general, but is it worth it to run the skink handlers? Would it just be better to have a 4th razordon? You get to reroll hits from the Astrolith bearer anyway, and if you teleport your razordons you're not getting the bonus either way.

I've seen people take stegadons, whats the reasoning for this over squeezing in a second bastilladon with solar engine?

4. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

@beaubinski Thunderquake requires there to be Skink Handlers, if you take Razordons/Salamanders over Kroxigor.