1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to AoS, came from 40k

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Mordy35, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Mordy35
    Jungle Swarm

Mordy35 New Member

So I recently started playing Warhammer. 40k just about a year ago, and just so I can play with the AoS players in my area, I got the Seraphon Starter Box on a whim, plus dinosaurs riding dinosaurs sounds awesome. Right now though, I don't know how to go about setting up the army. You guys got any tips?

I don't really have access to the webstore exclusive stuff so that's not really much on an option, but a friend's heading out of the country for a few days and might be able to nab me some stuff if they're really recommended.

I play Blood Angels in 40k, so my Army's pretty much Assault focused and get up close and personal to wreck face. I'm thinking of going for a well rounded approach for the lizards.

Right now, I'm eyeing the Bastiladon and Engine of the Gods, though not sure how well they'd complement the starter box. I'd appreciate any advice that you could give.

Edit:
    I didn't see the "Tutorial: Tactics for Seraphon Troops thread when I made this one. I guess I'll look through there. I apologize for making this thread. If there are any mods out there, please delete it.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

No need to delete a thread.
    That tutorial is just a starting point and you can ask about further models.
    For example the bastiladon is a great tank and one of our best heavy support, so it would be certainly good to have one, in almost every seraphon army.

3. Mordy35
    Jungle Swarm

Mordy35 New Member

Thanks for the response. Will continue to ask questions then.

Currently really have no access to webstore stuff, with the exception of friend heading to Australia next week for two weeks. Based on the other thread, am considering getting a Slann and an Astrolith Bearer to supplement the starter box guys. Any other recommendations to complement the starter box guys?

Quazicotl likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

A Slann is a strong addition, and you cannot go wrong with him.
    The BSB works perfectly with him to increase the range of spells and the rerolls.
    I suggest to get also a starpriest for 2 reasons: the serpent' staff will increase the damage dealt by the carnosaur of the starter box, and will serve as arcane vessel for the slann.

A core of warriors, a Slann plus starpriest and astrolith, and a carno as general will give you a solid army and the fast knights will take objectives . Insert also a Bastiladon and you can have some fun ;)

Quazicotl and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Go with what @Killer Angel said. He knows his stuff

Quazicotl likes this.