1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to AoS help for 1500 point list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by GFdoubles, Apr 12, 2017.

1. GFdoubles
    Skink

GFdoubles New Member

Hey there, I have been a fantasy player for a while now, but most in my group have started playing AoS and I have been trying to get into the game. I only have one game under my belt (where I got stomped pretty thoroughly by dwarves) and I am looking for help list building. I am looking for a casual yet effective list.

My collection of lizards (mostly models from 7th and 8th edition fantasy) is as follows:

Slaan Starmaster
    Skink Priests x2 (older models)
    Stegadon
    Scar-Vet/Oldblood on Carnosaur
    Oldblood on Foot
    5 Saurus Knights (older models)
    20 Skinks
    5 Chameleon Skinks
    5 Kroxigor
    12 Saurus Guard
    Roughly 50-60 Saurus Warriors, half with clubs and half with spears (Some need repair so estimating here)

I have been playing around with list ideas, and I really would like to include both the carnosaur and the slaan, but if thats inefficient let me know. I know saurus guard and chameleon skinks are pretty good but like including the warriors for model count, and I see the use of normal skinks, but have never had much luck with them. Any suggestions or potential lists would be welcome. Thank you!!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Maybe something like this:
    Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
    - General
    - Warblade
    - Trait: Strategic Genius
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - Artefact: Phoenix Stone

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    - Seraphon Battleline
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Clubs
    - Clubs

Behemoths
    Stegadon (260)

Total: 1180/1500
    Or
    Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (260)
    - General
    - Warblade
    - Trait: Strategic Genius
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - Artefact: Phoenix Stone

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    - Seraphon Battleline
    - Clubs
    - Clubs

Chameleon Skinks (120)

Total: 1040/1500

This leaves you with some summoning points to get some use out of the slann. You can call back units, get some more ise out of the chameleons if they die, or a new scar-vet if it dies. Chameleons should be able to take out the war machines. If you had say rippers and a skink priest, or a skink chief we can build a little further.

A start collecting would definitely help you out, but if you're not looking to spend, then focus on the summoning. Even proxy your steg as an engine of the gods could be quite helpful.

3. GFdoubles
    Skink

GFdoubles New Member

Okay thanks a bunch for the help. I am debating combining these lists a bit, maybe do a 1300 point list where I add the chameleons to that first list, but still have some points left over to either resummon the chameleons or get some hard hitters like kroxigor or something, depending on what I need. Also, if I am gonna bring 20 saurus anyway would it be better to run them as 20 for the cohort bonus, or is it not really worth it? I actually do have 2 terradons but I need a third to field them I believe and they need lots of TLC honestly. I may have a game against nurgle demons later so I will definitely try one of these out!

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

They definitely work better in groups of 20, and with a seraphon allegiance you can run the guard as 1 of your battleline, so that may work better for you to trhow them all together. Separate gives you more outs, especially when running for objectives.