1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to Minis! 2k Kroak & Friends

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Modang, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Modang
    Jungle Swarm

Modang New Member

Hey! First off, I just wanted to say that this site is incredible. Cool to see such a passionate community come together like this (especially with the Lizard Boyz).

So I'm new to minis all together, played a lot of Warhammer Video games growing up and loved the fluff/playstyle. Total War: Warhammer is what sold me on the idea of getting into the table top. I've played maybe 20 or so games now at this point ranging from 1k-2k, army has changed quite a bit from the Start Collecting Box variant... And Kroak is to blame. Best $50 I've ever spent. Really enjoying the playstyle and I haven't lost with this build yet!

I would appreciate any input or suggestions you guys have!

Allegiance: Seraphon

LEADERS

Engine of the Gods (220) - General - Command Trait : Master of Defense - Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices

Lord Kroak (450)

Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

UNITS

10 xSkinks (60) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

10 x Skinks (60) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

10 x Skinks (60) -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

1 x Salamanders (40)

1 x Salamanders (40)
    BEHEMOTHS

Bastiladon (280)

Bastiladon (280)

BATTALIONS

Thunderquake Starhost (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Balewind Vortex (40)

TOTAL: 1970/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 84 LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)

BEHEMOTHS: 3/4 ARTILLERY: 2/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/2 ALLIES: 0/400

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to the community!

This looks like a fun list. I like that you are giving up summoning to Empower the Kroak spell damage.

The Errata text for Saurus Astrolith Bearer is now this: Saurus Astrolith Bearer, Celestial Conduit Change the rules text to: ‘Add 1 to casting rolls for friendly Seraphon Wizards while they are within 12" of any models with this ability. In addition, add 8" to the range of any spells cast by friendly Seraphon Wizards while they are within 12" of any models with this ability.’ Essentially there is not really a reason to run more than one of them now.

Assuming you drop the now superfluous second Saurus Astrolith bearer you might consider picking up Cogs and adding some more Salamanders.

You can find further Seraphon Errata details here: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_seraphon_errata_en-1.pdf

Crowsfoot and Modang like this.
  3. Modang
    Jungle Swarm

Modang New Member

Thanks for the input! So the two Bearers dont "Stack"? Thats how I understood it, but again I'm a filthy noob. That definitely adds more room :)

And yeah! Kroak disperses the mortals like crazy! Nothing beats a 10+ Comet cast. You still get a decent amount of Celestial Power, you're really only casting Comet early which allows for a decent summon on the Top of turn 3 (Usually another EotG) :D

4. The17thYak
    Saurus

The17thYak Active Member

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay, you've come to the right place for information :)

Just a few points, unfortunately to generate summoning points the Slann (Kroak) has to be your general so you'd lose out on the command trait on the EotG. You will need to put a unit of skink handlers in there as well to run Thunderquake battalion, shouldn't be too hard with the extra points freed up from dropping the 2nd astrolith though. Finally by the rules it is only a single unit of salamanders that can get the benefits of the battalion, so you may want to merge the two salamanders into a unit of 2?

What bastiladons are you running, I've been having a preference for the Ark recently though the Solar is also a solid option, one of each? How have you found the board control with the army, Thunderquake is very solid but not very fast (especially with bastis) and requires a lot of models in close proximity to function optimally.

Apologies for coming across as nit-picky but better to hear it now rather than when you are playing against someone who takes the game a bit too seriously or if you are in a tournament game.

Modang likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard :)

You could go something like this, the priest casts cogs to give Kroak another spell slot.

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (450)
    - General
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact: Prism of Amyntok
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    2 x Salamanders (80)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)

Battalions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Endless Spells
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 85

Modang, LizardWizard and The17thYak like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    Some good suggestions here already.

Modang likes this.
  7. Modang
    Jungle Swarm

Modang New Member

First off, just wanted to thank you guys for the pointers and the heads up! Definitely gonna need to change some things!

Could I just use normal skinks as "Skink handlers"? I didnt realize Handlers were a requirement for the Thunderquake Starhost X_X

I would love to see lists of your own guys! Any other big changes you would make to this?

- Cut an Astrolith Bearer for some Handlers

- Kroak becomes general, and since hes named that means he cannot have artefacts correct?

- Merge the solo Salamander into the Thunderhost

I'm running Double Venusaurs! My local meta doesn't have a lot of horde armies (Theres a Clan Pestilence that runs around with a horde of 80 rats, LOL)

Nothing feels better than hitting 11 attacks on one of those Venusaurs and ruining lives :) Again guys, really appreciate the feedback. It's so hard to take all of this in at once, still feel like a filthy pleb but I'm really enjoying the game!

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Sure.
    Just give them spears (their Javelins will do, or use some Saurus spears) and paint them a bit differently than other Skinks.