1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New to seraphon need help getting started

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Pyro5torm, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

Hi, new to age of sigmar and seraphon but after playing total war Warhammer again as lizardmen I've decided I'd like to get started with them.

Currently I like the look of all the bigger models (engine of the gods/ stegadon, carnosaurs and bastiladons) so I'd like to run a few of them, but I'm not too interested in skinks (would happily run a few but don't want a full army of them) as I like the look of saurus warriors and temple guard more and the cavalry.

Not really too sure where I should be starting as the start collecting looks good so does the Christmas bundle which would be a better starting point for me? And also as I have no idea what I'm doing what else should I look at getting (books id need or models I should get next) my friend mentioned something about fang of sotek but didn't understand what he was talking about all too well

Thanks for any help! Greatly appreciated and hopefully I'll be starting my seraphon army just in time for Christmas

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard,

If you like the look of warriors etc the Start collecting box is great value, if your UK based it can be had for as little as £38

In fact getting two would probably be your best bet and buy a Bastilidon

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

Thanks for the reply! That seems like a great deal for £40 what website would that be from? As on gw it was £50

Are there any places I should look at to see how useable things are? As it looks like carnosaurs can be made 3 different ways and I'll need to choose.

I've just downloaded the age of sigmar data for battlescribe to try and look at the Fangs of sotek battalion and it's pretty confusing to understand, is there an easier way to find out what it requires and does, same for the other battalions?

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

https://alchemistsworkshops.com/

Be warned this website makes you spend £££££ the new Boxset is £80

Best thing for the battalions is to buy the Battletome which has them in or just search the web, if your lucky you can find the book online in pdf format.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the link, will definitely end up spending more now, will look into getting the battletome aswell then

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

Just ordered one of the start collecting sets and a box of saurus warriors, looking forward to building and playing with them!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

Honestly amazed at this, this will definitely help me get started, now I need to order an extra couple bases to give this a go! As this looks really fun to do.

Quick question the troglodon base, how did you do the water effects like making it have waves? It looks really good

Think I'm going to paint all this stuff up then buy another box so I can get the cavalry battalion and go from there, are there any neat tricks I can do if I add a second atart collecting to the mix?

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

The water effects are Woodland scenic realistic water and water effects, you paint the base a murky green/blue let it dry then pour a thin layer of realistic water on, let it dry fully then apply water effects in lines and just flick it into crests using a tooth pick, let it dry fully then drybrush the waves white.

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to the hobby and Lustria!

If you want a bundle place your order online now. Most GW stores will only be able to get a very limited number of the Holiday Bundles so don't rely on picking one up at location.

11. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

I think I'll need to wait til I get paid before I get it but I'll be looking into doing this, do you have any recommendations for battalions to build an army around? So far been looking at the dracothian tail

LizardWizard likes this.
  12. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Shadowstrike and Thunderquake are the best battalions to build towards from the box.

13. Pyro5torm
    Skink

Pyro5torm New Member

Cool I'll have a look at them both and see what they do, then try and decide what I'm getting next, thanks for the help