1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightclaw's Painting and Conversions!

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Nightclaw, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks

2. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

Next step in the process of my Slann Chariot models were adding scales to them.

20180617_195848.jpg 20180617_195910.jpg 20180617_195927_HDR.jpg 20180617_195943_HDR.jpg 20180617_200146_HDR.jpg
    I then ran out of green stuff. So once more comes in I will add some final skin related touches to these guys and they will be be "done." They still need a name... I'm currently calling them Oxodons... But I'm open to suggestions!

Next part... And probably the hardest .. I need to figure out how they are going to be harnessed to the palanquin. The whole hitching thing is going to be a pain to figure out!

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Man those look amazing! :O

4. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

Water Buffackens! (Is this where Buffalo Wings come from?) :D

They look great! (You could hand some tall grass out either side of one's mouth to make it look like he's munching.)

Warden likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Wow, those look soooooooo good!

6. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

Thanks!

LOL...also Im originally from Buffalo...the only place that actually knows how to do chicken wings correctly!!

I didnt think of the grass...that could be cool...especially because there is one with his head kinda down. I like it...I will try it out!

Thanks! Theres still a bunch of things I need to do with them...hopefully when I add the harness thing it doesnt ruin them!

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Holy shit, you have just made me pack up my green stuff and stick it back in the drawer.

Excellent stuff and great detailing, you should do a tutorial ;)

tom ndege and Chicken Lips like this.
  8. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

Well its not going to be helpful the a drawer!!

Thanks! And Ive thought about doing a tutorial but that seems maybe sorta like Im overstepping my station...Im a rookie here...shouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes!! But also I tend to forget to take step by step pictures. I just picked up a Lord Kroak and some Spirit Hosts (to make some custom Seraphon souls carrying his palanquin) in order to justify getting free shipping for a 170mm base (the part i ACTUALLY needed for my Slann Chariot)...so like...adding $80 to in order to not pay $7...LOL

So this brings my to do list to:
    Slann Chariot
    Stegadon
    EotG (thinking of doing some interesting magic thing here...Something like having the priest being in the arches and all magic covered...maybe)
    Temple Guard
    Eternity Warden
    ------Everything above is in some variation of completion...done while waiting on layers of green stuff and shipping for Slann Chariot pieces)----
    Salamanders and Razordons (conversions from Flesh Hounds)
    Skink Handlers

I have parts and bits for all this stuff...now I just need time! Damn things like work, wife, and video games getting in the way!! LAME

Blastoize, Warden, Ritual and 2 others like this.
  9. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

These guys look really good!

Time is always the killer...

10. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

While waiting on shipping for a base for my Slann Chariot (can't build the harnesses and such without knowing the placement for my Oxodons) I did a handful of other projects.

I assembled my Stegadon, Eternity Warden, Guards, started some work on my EotG, and decided to do some work on a Saurus Old blood. I may have mentioned that I was doing him from bits from the carnosaur box and extras before. Not sure. But here's some progress on that guy!

20180615_094826.jpg 20180615_094839.jpg 20180615_094907_HDR.jpg 20180624_183443.jpg 20180624_183501.jpg 20180624_183506.jpg 20180624_183524.jpg

11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Very nice, green stuff now locked in the drawer!

12. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Great work, I can only imagine how long those scales must take to make... great work on the ox-dons!

Nightclaw likes this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

Awesome.

Nightclaw likes this.
  14. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

That Oldblood is insanely good! Are those carnosaur parts for his tail?

15. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

AWWWW now dont do that! If you leave it in there too long it will start whispering all creepy-like in your mind..."Come out aaannd plaaaaaaayyyyyy!"

Thanks! They took quite some time. When I did the major scale part, it took about 2-3 hours per side...so...12 hours total maybe? But it spanned like 4 days. Probably took extra long as I was watching Overwatch League while working on them!

Thanks!

Thanks! That is indeed a Carnosaur tail. I used the Trog tail on my carno...because I thought the split tail looked better. So I had an extra. I decided I could try to to do something along what Xlanax_lot (one of the members here) did with the extra carno tail. I used my heat gun (from my old sculpture days) to try to warm the plastic up to get nice bend. It...mostly worked. It ended up softening some of the details. It was a pain...but I managed to curve it enough!

Warden and Crowsfoot like this.
  16. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

I havent been posting much recently. I blame not taking pictures of my WIPs...I will do that tomorrow if Im not too busy with work things. But Ive currently got my Slann Chariot (complete with large base and Skink Handlers), Stegadon, custom Old Blood (from above), Eternity Warden, Sunblood, and Temple Guard, all about 1/2 painted. The orange and purples are done, just need to do the jade, obsidian, and golds (and then feathers and other small touches.)

In the mean time...I said Id make some digital versions of things...well first up was the Salamander (because its a terrible model.)
    Salamander_01_WIP_01.JPG Salamander_01_WIP_02.JPG Salamander_01_WIP_03.JPG Salamander_01_WIP_04.JPG Salamander_01_WIP_05.JPG Salamander_01_WIP_06.JPG

This guy is a WIP...still alot to do on him. Im about 3-4 hours in on it. Ive got some plans all up in my head about what to do. Im thinking I may do 3 different salamanders. Im planning to have one roaring so I can do the inside of the mouth and teeth and such. And I think the other might be climbing on a pillar or a tree or something a bit more vertical.

When Im all done Im HOPING to get them printed up from somewhere high quality so that they dont have noticeable print lines. That will take some research to do.

17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

That Salamander reminds me of a Newt atm

Warden likes this.
  18. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

Technically speaking all newts ARE salamanders.

Warden and Crowsfoot like this.
  19. Aginor
    Slann

I like that idea, that Salamander looks more... Salamanderish?

EDIT: I think the best quality for 3D printing are DLP printers right now. If the resin wasn't that stinky and unhealthy to handle I would have one already. Here is a review of an example. Impressive! (and cheap! Amazon.de has it for 411 Euros right now.)

Warden likes this.
  20. Nightclaw
    Saurus

Nightclaw Active Member

Thanks! I hated the weird not quite a dinosaur look to the GW model. Im still playing around with the look.

Also wow that is a super cool printer. And incredibly affordable. By the time Im ready to print these I will have a newborn baby in the house and probably the mess/time/safety is not something I will want to have to deal with on top of having a 3D printer- I mean baby!! LOL

I probably will get quotes from a place like https://moddler.com/. They have some really high quality prints. And depending on the price they may be the solution to printing multiples as well.

Warden likes this.