1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nuns with laserguns

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Sorry, you’ll have to excuse me on that one - Matt Ward’s 5th Edition fluff and lore was what got me into Necrons in the first place as I preferred the Tomb Kings in space aesthetic, as to me it made the Necrons more Egyptian and gave the Necron characters more personality, but that’s just my view. Everyone else of course is free to interpret what I said in the previous post as they wish - C’Tan or C’Tan Shard, both versions have their followers.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's funny, it was Matt Ward's version that finally got me to put my Necrons (and 40k as a whole) to rest.

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Which is a real shame, all the more so considering you like regular Tomb Kings who the newcron lore was based on! ;)

Also, I thought it was the fact that GW kept amping up the Space Marine focus that caused you to leave 40K?

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Exactly, I don't want Necrons to be a cheap copy of the Tomb Kings. They were fine just the way they were. Obviously from my username you can tell that I loved the C'tan. When the "new" (at the time) Necron codex was being released I was hoping they would expand on them. I wanted to see the Outsider and the Void Dragon brought into the fold. Instead, I read one paragraph where Ward reduced them to shards and I knew that was the end of my beloved Necrons. I've always hated retcons or removal of canon. Necrons, Star Wars, etc.

This is true. The Matt Ward debacle was the final nail in the coffin, but you are right that the Space Marine fanaticism was driving me away from the game.

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Back to nuns with laser guns, troublemaker games has announced the nun mobile will have a towed item as a stretch goal

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Adeptus Sororitas on duty at a kindergarten.

7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Nun mobile unlocked, next two stretch goals:

£2250 - Free ammunition pouches / wargear accessories sprues added to existing Nuns sets.

£2750 - Nunja Nuns with Nunchucks performing Nunjitsu Unlocked. Nunmobile Towed Organ Gun Artillery & Crew Unlocked.

8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

10. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann