1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Ogres

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Arli, May 21, 2010.

1. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I was wondering, is the Ogre army broken? I have not seen anyone that plays the ogres, granted I have only been playing for about 5 months. I was looking at their stats and the army seems to be rather expensive but alot of the models have 3+ wounds. That seems like it would be fun to play.

What is your input?

2. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

They are a pretty bad army with the current ruleset(may get alot better with 8th). They can be fun, but are not really competitive against the top tier armies.

If your looking into Ogres I would recommend http://www.ogrestronghold.com/index.php

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

On paper, before thier release, they appeared very very scary. I have played them a few times and beaten them, and played as them a couple of times with mixed success, managed to beat VC (old ones) once. I am sure someone else would have better knowledge to tell their weaknesses, but to mee it seems that despite their multiple woulds, they still die fairly easily for their points and the lack of static combat res isn't properly negated by their attacking power. They are still a rather novel and fun army with some pretty cool models though.

4. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

I play Ogre Kingdoms and I can tell you that they still aren't that great. Stomp Attacks and such seem nice, but we still get shot to death before we can get into close combat, and all the Uberspells (purple sun, Pit of shades, lurker below, ect) tear us apart. But they are really REALLY fun.

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I have an Ogre army now as well as my Lizardmen. That post was before I decided to go with them as my second army. I do like them. They are fun to play.