1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old player coming back

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by studderingdave, Dec 25, 2018.

1. studderingdave
    Jungle Swarm

studderingdave New Member

Returning to WHFB. Stopped playing when 8th was new, i recall using the new RB with the 7th edition LM army book. We had a TFG that basically ruined our local scene because he bankrolled the LGS we played at so they let him slide on cheating. Well a few months ago i decided to start and WHFB league on a lark and on the first meet 12 people showed up. I also had authority to ban the same TFG from playing in my events. We meet weekly now, playing 2k-3k poiny games with a good spread of armies and players that range from tournament players all the way down to people buying square bases and trying the game out for the first time.

I am playing dwarfs right now but i am amassing LM, which was my first army i built during 5th edition and played until 8th. Glad to see the site still supporting "oldhammer" i detest AoS and want to remain a squarebaser for the rest of my warhammer days.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

@NIGHTBRINGER, that is your signal to likebomb this guy!

I certainly prefer 8th edition, but I like minis so much and I have so few players in my area that I will play any game I can find players for that allows Lizardmen. We support 8th edition WHF, Age of Sigmar, and Kings of War

If you have square bases you can play 8th edition WHF, Age of Sigmar, or Kings of war. If you have round bases you can only play Age of Sigmar. Square bases all the way!

Anyway, let us know if you have any questions about gameplay, painting, fluff, or anything else.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum @studderingdave ! Nice to have more WFB players around these parts.

Indeed; it is a good day!

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome to Old Lustria, then!
    When space pyramids ships were still not a thing. :D

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Welcome to the forums indeed!

It certainly is! It seems @NIGHTBRINGER and I are the only Fantasy players regularly visiting the forum so another member of the Old Guard is always welcome.

While I no longer hate AoS as much as either of you two do (albeit I did loathe it when it first came out like the rest of us), I am furious at GW scrapping their square bases - I’ve always come to associate fantasy minis with square bases and sci-fi with round bases (which is why I based my first Fyreslayers on square bases rather than the round ones supplied), and AoS can be played just as easily with the old square bases as round ones.

Luckily Warlord Games sell packs of 20mm and 25mm square and 25mm x 50mm rectangular slottabases that are practically the same as the GW ones, but at a better price - 20 infantry bases or 12 cavalry bases for £4 compared to GW’s 10 infantry bases for £3.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Scalenex, Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!
    I am an AoS player, but of course every lizard loving person is welcome here, regardless of the system they play in. :)