1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oldblood on coldone

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by G Krox, Oct 15, 2013.

1. G Krox
    Skink

G Krox New Member

Hi,

I was just wondering what you guys use to convert your oldblood on cold one models? Do you simply kit out a cold one rider champion? I was going to use a temple guard head but they are far to big for the body. I don't want a skinny oldblood lol but it looks like I'm going to have too. Why isn't there a decent gw model for this guy?

Anyone got any pictures of theirs?

G Krox

2. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

I used the GW kit but altered it somewhat.

I kept the body, but used an arm from the CoC kit, the one with a raised sword, and used an arm for a normal saurus warrior to carry one of the no longer sold "bits" shields, which has some very long claws. That body is compatible (very well i'd say), with the temple guard head which i've put on it. Making for a far more cool model.

He also falls in quite nicely with the rest of my CoC.

Before full assembly

2qa4oeu.jpg

Assembled and painted (please don't diss me too much)

dew7mc.jpg

'nother angle

xpzci9.jpg

From the front

2ry0diw.jpg

The head took some growing on me, think i edited that some 5-8 times, and the shield is metal on a plastic arm, and i had to use some greenstuff for it to fit, so it fell down a few times before i nailed it.

I like the way it ended up compared to the GW one, i also liked the rat cloak he wore and i'm happy i kept that and lost the less fortunate head and got him a way cooler shield and weapon - looks ready for the charge.

SOrry about the awful picture quality - my phone is all i have to picture it with...