1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on my starpriest

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Stef, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Stef
    Jungle Swarm

Stef New Member

Hey guys i was wondering if this conversion i did could pass for a starpriest with his staff. i just used the oracle and rearranged a few pieces nd added a couple, any opinions would be greatly appriated

Attached Files:

Aginor, Jorgik, tom ndege and 2 others like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Looks good to me!

Aginor and Stef like this.
  3. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

So far as I know a conversion like that could definately pass as a starpriest. A lot of people who don't use the skink oracle model in favor of making a carnosaur and oldblood rider out of the box wind up doing that instead. Yours looks good to me, good luck painting it :artist:

4. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

Hey I think it looks pretty good! I like the spikes added at the top of the staff. If I were to do this differently, I'd probably make the staff a little longer. Do you have a leftover banner pole? Those tend to work pretty well. The shield is cool, like a battle priest. You could also do the 'more magic' route, and maybe convert him holding an orb, or a familiar nearby on a base.

Overall I like it! The feathers and the chain near his helmet adds to the model, and it makes him appear to be moving or in the midst of spell casting -- good job.

5. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Solid conversion... I agree with what @spess wrote about the staff... maybe make the lower part of it a bit longer... if you don't have a banner pile at hand you can use a toothpick... I also like the idea of a familiar... a little iguana might be cool or one of the snake bit from the knights box...
    But that's all just suggestions... deffinetly cool enough to keep it as it is...

Make sure to provide a picture of the painted mini!;)

Aginor, spess and Stef like this.