1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Original Names for your armies

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Nericon, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Nericon
    Saurus

Nericon New Member

Hey Ya'll ;) I thought i'd start a room for posting The name of your army. Off course it is not a rule to just place the name and be done with it. I'd Liek to know a background story (use your imaganation)
    Or telling me whats in your army is also great to hear. . So yeah it is a little childish. But you are giving an impression at someone when u do this. In a way your army os worth more (i found this to be true)
    Mine Are the Outlanders from the Spawning of Lord Sutrash (my slann)
    I use the term outlanders because my lizards are not quite as the others :p (not in a racist kind of way) But they were grown outside each village and they were spawnd by Lord Setrash.
    They are kinda like robbers and when a city of any race (when it didn't belong to Setrash) Noticed these brown coloured lizards. They started looking for shelter. The outlanders had pity on other Lizardmen but still claimed rewards from their cities. But to any other race they'd slay and steal what they could find.
    They are mostly armed with skink and saurus because the razordons and such are barely tameable (or however you write it)

Hope you've got the idea ;)
    Greetings Nericon

2. Nericon
    Saurus

Nericon New Member

And if you want to react on someone elses army or have a question about one. You can just post that too.

3. Scarecrow
    Saurus

Scarecrow New Member

Interesting idea and nice army by the way. And ironic that I just came up with a small back story idea for my lizards last night while painting a skink. So far call 'em the Lizards of Black Gold (and no they did not suffer a BP oil spill :jawdrop: ). The obsidian that they mine for their weapons comes from a deep valley in central Lustria which was touched by chaos. The stone is imbued with gold dust giving it a dark, evil luster and the saurus of the surrounding area covet it above all else. No skinks have been know to pawn here but the saurus that are are filled with a slight taint of chaos, making them more ferocious and ill tempered than other saurus and their dark green skin and scales reflects being into a world far from the Lustria sun. The Slann of the Black Gold are said to prefer the Lore of Death above all others.

4. Nericon
    Saurus

Nericon New Member

Thats really Great ...I'd Like to see a picture of one or more of your lizards

5. Scarecrow
    Saurus

Scarecrow New Member

When I get enough of 'em done to warrant a picture I'll post some. I just got to the point where I wasn't spending every last cent on rent and food so I'm able to focus on hobbies again.

6. cRASHEr_nITEs
    Skink

cRASHEr_nITEs New Member

Hey heres a rough background to the army im building at the moment. My Army is called 'The Forgotten Army of Gon-Kai". Hope you enjoy! :D

Gon-Kai 'the Forgotten', like many Oldblood, is very ancient and has seen battles over many centuries. He was spawned just after the Great Catastrophe.

The spawning pools of the temple city were desecrated by large quantities of raw Chaos energy. All that were spawned were dead and deformed, their bodies corrupted by pure Chaos. Only one Saurus was strong enough to survive. An unusually large and strong Saurus who was given the simple name of Gon-Itza, the latter part of his name meaning 'First' or 'One'.

Those who inhabited the city saw this one Saurus as a sign from the Old Ones, who by this point had left the world, that their power would always triumph over that of Chaos. With a vast horde of daemons at their doorstep, the temple city was utterly determined to stand their ground and although nearly all the warriors were cut down by the daemons, the battle was finally won.

After many campaigns against the horrors of Chaos, there was calm in the world. Gon-Itza the Spawnling, now grown into a well seasoned and powerful Scar-Veteran, was to appear before a great council of Slann Mage-Priests concerning his resistance to Chaos energy. Two explanations were produced, that Gon-Itza could either be a champion of the Old Ones who was destined for greatness or in fact a herald of Chaos who was not to be trusted. Unfortunately, the Mage-Priests decided that Gon-Itza was an attempt made by Chaos to corrupt those who seek the true path of the Old Ones and so was shunned, with all reports of his presence in past and future military campaigns to be written out.

Scar-Veteran Gon-Itza, now renamed to Gon-Kai but also known as 'the Forgotten', was allowed to live in case the conclusion drawn by the Mage-Priests was incorrect and Gon-Kai was infact monumental to the future plans made by the Old Ones.

Many more centuries have past, and Gon-Kai is now a powerful Oldblood. He now leads a massive army, ontop of his Carnosaur Zludj, vowing to end Chaos forever and prove himself to his Mage-Priest masters.

Okay, well his army is still getting 'spawned' so no pictures of it as of yet. I have Gon-Kai himself though. Kinda a repost from another one of my threads but here goes:

013.jpg

I'll hopefully get more of my army built and painted soon!

7. Nericon
    Saurus

Nericon New Member

Very Nice! i Love the way u did Gon-Kai. And thnx off course for replying this great information ^^

8. cRASHEr_nITEs
    Skink

cRASHEr_nITEs New Member

Thanks! But now youve got me thinking up all sorts of names and backstory for various champions and such in the army now xD! Really am getting to involved with this!

Does anyone remember the cute little dino from tekken 3 called Gon? ;P

9. Nericon
    Saurus

Nericon New Member

GON!!! I always spammed his Flame attack XD

10. Portent of Far
    Skink

Portent of Far New Member

My fluff isn't as developed as others, but I've named my army and characters. I'll write the fluff when I get in the mood.

The army is called The Court of Lord Inzitoc, named after the Slann who leads them.
    Tlazopilli is his most trusted advisor, represented by a skink priest.

His most trusted warrior is known as Xholgar, Guardian of the Combat Reliquary, Chief Lieutenant to Lord Inzitoc, to give him his full title, in game he is a Scar Veteran with the Burning Blade of Chotec and the Maiming Shield, explained by the fact he guards the armoury of the city.

Hope you liked it!

11. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

Did you know he's originally from a wordless Japanese comic?

Attached Files: