1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Otzi's army

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Otzi'mandias, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Again a wash will do wonders, at the moment your detail is hidden as the model is one colour without the contrast of a wash and then a highlight it just looks flat but that is fine as your at a stage were your learning and getting the basics right is the most important part of painting, even if you don't have a wash you can make one by watering down a brown paint but if you do this try it on something other than your model to get the consistency right before hand.

But and I really do mean this great progress just take your time and enjoy.

Bowser likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

undercoat with white, for brighter colors. ;)

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  3. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

The models look cool so far, but your window board needs some painting! ;)

Jokes aside: Listening to what crowsfoot and the others say and gain experience by trying things out find your way and earn more positive reply then you can handle! ;)

4. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't got a null oil or Agrax earthshade. I am going to mix a brown with a bone colour and water it down a bit... it should work/look half-decent...

5. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Hey guys. Its been a while, and I have been really, really busy. I bought myself a skink starpriest three days ago, and have painted it. I tried washing - it took forever to dry, so I gave up and have done really small stripes for the rainbow effect. What do you think?

Oh yeah, I also bought nuln oil. Looking forward to trying it out on my stegadon soon! tmp_14327-DSC_00421051575294.JPG tmp_14327-DSC_0041126625160.JPG tmp_14327-DSC_00441807269220.JPG tmp_14327-DSC_00431366315565.JPG

Attached Files:

Warden, n810, tom ndege and 3 others like this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Looks really cool! I like the vibrance of those rainbow feathers.

7. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Thanks -I was kind of trying to duplicate the 'eavy metal models effects and I think this is my best painted (and most needed) model in my army to date!
    I was getting utterly trounced in the magic phase by my brothers Chaos Sorcerer Lord, mebbe this will help...

Warden and Bowser like this.
  8. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Very nice feathers :)

Otzi'mandias likes this.
  9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice looking skink priest! Your colors certainly do evoke the GW painters color scheme.

Long before I had my slann mage priest, I had a single lowly skink priest who the only magic user I had to help me defeat my brother's beastmen hordes. He did his job well, with a scaly grin, a few bolts of lightning, and many comets falling from the sky! I hope that this new priest helps you keep the hordes of chaos at bay!

tom ndege, Bowser and Jorgik like this.