1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Padre's Projects

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Padre, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

[heresy]

Such a bloody beard! :oldman::mad:

LizardWizard, Ritual and Padre like this.
  2. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

15107141561371173221660.jpg
    I think these are now at the head of the line for painting.

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

WAAARGHHHH!!!

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Those models are really cool, @Mesandres already painted them and I like the sculpts, including the bases which are - like all Shadespire bases - already structured. That makes it easier for people who are not _that_ into basing.

LizardWizard, Ritual, Warden and 2 others like this.
  5. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Update: I am about 95% finished with the Orruks for Shadespire, just need to finish some touch up work. But I'm pretty sure it will be another week before I can finish due to time constraints. However, they are playable where they're at, so I may try to run them if I have any time.
    Orks1.jpg

Orks2.jpg
    Orks3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  6. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice! I thought they were straight up space orks for a second... :facepalm:

LizardWizard, Ritual and Padre like this.
  7. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Quick update. I took a break from everything else to knock out a one off project, actually going back to my original plan to see what I can do about putting a Basilean army for KoW together. Here is one of the characters who also serves as a test model for the knights paint scheme.

Duke2.jpg Duke1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  8. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Used Christmas money to buy some Perry Miniatures 100 Years War figures from Amazon today. The first part of the Legion of Light is beginning to gather.

9. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Rather than keep working on other projects, I started a rebasing, reglueing, repainting, and updating project. I now have (or will have as soon as I make the hour or two needed for the last paint touch ups) a full unit of 40 Free Guild Swordsmen for Age of Sigmar. These are actually some of my early Empire models that have been repurposed, but they still look good, still function, and are actually surprisingly effective for the first time since I built them in 6th edition.

Swordsmen1.jpg
    Swordsmen2.jpg

10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Glad to see some Empire models coming out of retirement!

Ritual and Padre like this.
  11. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Thanks, @Warden.

Another quick update. I finished a couple more things over the last couple days. First, I finished those last six swordsmen, so I now I have full block of 40 swordsmen for AoS.

Hurricanum2.jpg
    Second, I magnetized my Celestial Hurricanum for ease of transport and storage.

Dwarf1.jpg

Dwarf2.jpg
    Third, I finished a quick one off project, a random Reaper Bones dwarf I picked up as a gift for someone.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  12. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Swordknight1.jpg
    Finished the first of my Perry Miniatures foot knights. I really like the models, they go together fairly easily, they are fairly easy to convert and make them what you want them to be, and they don't have a tremendous amount of unnecessary detail that makes them to paint. I don't like the fact that they don't come with as many hand weapons as I'd like and they don't have as many shields as I want, but that appears to be historically accurate and I can come up with work-arounds. I haven't tried to mix any GW parts in with them, but that may be a workable source of extra parts and shields. But overall I'm satisfied with the purchase and look forward to getting the rest of the unit together.

13. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I do like their range of miniatures, the simplicity is one of the biggest things I like about them. I love the Bretonnian range, but sometimes all those straps, tiny shields, and itsy-bitsy details can be a pain.

14. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Master Engineer with Long Rifle. He will probably be used as a squad leader/marksman for my Free Guild Handgunners.
    Longrifle1.jpg

Longrifle2.jpg

15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Thats a loooooooooooong rifle! :wideyed:

Captaniser and Padre like this.
  16. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

When you really need to reach out and touch somebody...

Warden and Captaniser like this.
  17. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Finished my last 10 Handgunners tonight, bringing me up to a total of 40. I have 20 more on order that I need to pick up at the GW store.
    15178044690021686319315.jpg

I will be joining a slow grow league at my FLGS, so these will be used pretty soon. My hope is to get all my backlog of Free Peoples cleared up and get some work done on my Foot Knights during the league. As it isn't at a GW store, I can use my foot knights as Greatswords. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping to pull everything out tomorrow to get a picture of how much I have and see how much work I need to get done.

18. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Here is a couple shots of the complete collection. First, my complete painted collection of Empire/Free Peoples.
    FullEmpire_Painted.jpg

And second, all the stuff that needs to be completed painting. This is my goal for the rest of the slow grow league. We'll see how much I can get done. I dug through my collection and found a total of 30 Brettonian archers that I am going to paint up and add to the collection. I also found a single handgunner that I'd misplaced. I think I only have 100 or so to paint. We'll see how long it takes me...
    FullEmpire_Unpainted.jpg

19. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That is a lot of models.

LizardWizard and Padre like this.
  20. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Archers1.jpg
    Finished five archers for my AoS Free Peoples army. This is also a test of the new paint scheme. Just need to base them when the other 20ish others are done being painted.