1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pets!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Infinity Turtle, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Infinity Turtle
    Temple Guard

Infinity Turtle Well-Known Member

Because who really wants to talk to people online when you can all ogle over people's pets! :p

Post pictures of your pets or animals etc. :cat:

To kick it off, this is a snake my dad found in the garage; carpet python, 5 ft long. Logically we took it to youth group and cuddled it for a while...

BB826090-B1A3-43EF-9339-AB8448ACECD8.jpeg 81B3FC5C-ABB6-4564-BA3B-0E56E886BEB8.jpeg

2. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

My two daft creatures (and daughter who I guess makes a third) :D

5A86A38A-B85E-45CC-8136-7693EA935AFA.jpeg F01692DB-7F36-42A4-ACB7-A821667B838D.jpeg

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

My cat. :)
    20180903_231842.jpg

Scalenex, Deed525, pendrake and 2 others like this.
  4. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

62A642E6-0960-4BC7-88E0-72C51001C6B8.png My cat Buttercup the most adorable freakin cat ever

Scalenex, Deed525, pendrake and 3 others like this.
  5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Unfortunately we have no actual pets now - I used to have two guinea pigs called Floche (pronounced Flodge) and GP, but unfortunately they are in the Spirit World now. Mind you, they lived to 7 and 8 respectively, which is pretty old for guinea pigs. I see a guinea pig year as being a tenth of a human year, so you could say that they were the equivalent of 70 and 80 year old humans when they died, which is pretty good I say.

However, we do now have a hedgehog in our garden that has visited every night for the past few weeks. We first found some of his little 'messages' on our front porch, and then the next day we found one or two in our back garden (he had climbed over our front gate and into the back garden, as hedgehogs can roll themselves up into a ball when preparing to descend a drop so that they just bounce when they land). A few days later we saw him for the first time snuffling about one of our flowerbeds! We then bought some hedgehog pellets to put out for him and this has encouraged him to stay - we now see him every evening out on our patio crunching up the piles of pellets we put down for him. We call him Shadow (mainly due to the fact that he travels like a shadow through our flowerbeds because we never see him disturb the plants when he moves through but also of course due to the Sonic reference). We've never had a hedgehog stay this long before in our garden and we hope he stays as long as possible, as while he's in our garden, he's as safe as houses.

Aginor and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hedgehogs are cool.
    I remember when I still lived with my parents and my brother and I went into the garden at night with our telescopes to do astronomy, we often heard the hedgehogs walking around in the garden, loudly munching on snails and such stuff. Sometimes we could even see them walking around between the meadow and the hedges. Some of them were huge, back then I didn't know hedgehogs would grow to be that big.
    We caught one or two as well and showed them to the family. My parents didn't like us to touch them or bring them into the house though, hedgehogs are known to be full of flees and mites.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

8. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Derek: (Won’t let me put a thumbnail)

Attached Files:

9. WhenTheSkinksMarch
    Saurus

WhenTheSkinksMarch Active Member

2015-08-13 16.09.21.jpg