1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Pile in

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Lezlor, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Lezlor
    Cold One

Lezlor Active Member

EF200A15-7384-441D-86A8-9188ED333405.jpeg
    Ok. Call me dim, but I’m a bit confused with the new pile in rule. Has anything actually changed?

“Piling in has changed (very slightly!) to work with the new, official base-to-base system, to allow you to get as many models into combat as possible. Where previously, you could only pile in towards the closest enemy model before having to stop, now, you can pile in even if you’re right next to someone* – provided you don’t move any further away from the nearest enemy model.”

*someone? Who?

Like I say, dim!

2. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

The only thing thats new is now you are now allowed to make a pile in move even if you are already in base contact with an opponent, because you just need to be "as close to the nearest model", which basically makes it possible to surround an enemy :)

Lezlor likes this.
  3. Lezlor
    Cold One

Lezlor Active Member

“Before having to stop”....ah right. Get it now. Ta!

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Precisely... and in my opinion, it's a HUGE change to the rule.

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

It is.
    I used to deny a lot of attacks by putting chaff models into base contact with enemies, thus preventing them from piling in around my models. That's not possible anymore.
    Especially pure melee lists (like for example all Ironjawz lists) will like that change.

Killer Angel likes this.