1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Pinkies Paint log: Terrain for the terrain competition added

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Pinktaco, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

DSC_0279.JPG DSC_0281.JPG DSC_0282.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Re: My 2½ month paint quest

An update from last nights painting:

0li1.jpg

So it's almost done now. I need to get a new paint for the base (a darker brown) so I can be down with that, which is also why I haven't bothered to paint more on it. I also have to correct some minor mistakes here and there and some other minor stuff like the unpainted skull for instance. I should pretty much be done with the actual beast tonight so I just need to paint the skinks after that. :)

Bowser likes this.
  3. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

I hear stegs are really good at combat, i had money but i bought a drop pod instead.

4. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Connosaurus, you can combine the two!

The Steg Bomb
    8ac4.jpg
    The funniest thing in this entire forum is the "Couatl" Thread. Follow the tale of one lizard's descent into madness at http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/couatl.11005/

Oh, and Pinktaco. Nice Steg. Good luck with your Internship and pledge.

Bowser and Xbalanque like this.
  5. Connosaurus
    Saurus

Connosaurus New Member

I ment for my 40k dark angels,

6. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

The day have finally come: I'm done with my red beast!

l0pk.jpg

yscb.jpg

Bowser likes this.
  7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

The pictures appear a bit small on the forum (or is it just my browser?) so right clicking and open picture will give you the full size.

**EDIT**

Just a thing:

I showed the pictures to a friend. He isn't really interested in warhammer, but still appreciates my work, but his comment on the figure was that it have a lot of colors.

Well, yeah it actually does doesn't it? I'm not sure what the norm is, but from my perspective almost all the colors are .. relevant (I dunno if that is an appropriate word for this). Anyway, I've chosen a specific color pattern for my skinks/kroxigors which is purple, pink and yellow (war paint). The steg comes in red to match the saurus, same with the scales and finally I've used the green color in my army to sort of break the color pattern (red, brown and gold can be sort of dull if there is no contrast), so I used the green color on my steg as well. I haven't used it THAT much, but it's on the floor of the howda, the skinks have green jewelry on them (can't be seen on pictures I beleive), the blowpipes have a green color, shield and so on. It's subtle, but the green color is there.

So yeah I have a lot of colors onboard on my steg, but they aren't just random colours .. Well maybe with the exception of the blue color on the howda, but I figured it didn't hurt for it to sort of stand out with its own color. Again, it's sort of subtle because a lot of the colors have been washed to look dirty.

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Not bad, I like the colorfull approach to the howda...
    and the blowpipes in peticular.
    I do think that in general it could use some highlights.
    but it's painted to a prety good tabletop standard.

Ps. the forum autosizes your pictures, you can add in some t o the origionals.

9. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks. :)

And yeah it could use some highlight, but my skills doesn't go that far as of yet (or well they're rather limited). I'm just going to continue with the rest of my army and learn on the go instead of spending all my time on this one model.

**EDIT**

I just started painting last summer and I haven't painted that much most of the Fall/Winther, so I'm rather inexperienced. I'm slowly getting better though. :)

10. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

So here's a small update for today and this weekend:

t3ye.jpg

As you can see I'm well on my way with my bastiladon, however, I already had painted the bast itself before I begun this weekend.

What I've done is to glue things together, get the base color on them and now they're ready to get painted. I decided that the beam equipment will be getting the same threatment as the howda on the steg so it's going to be a somwhat big project despit being a small item. Oh well.. But on the other hand I don't mind it either because I'll rather do it properly and make it sexeh instead of half-as's it, especially because I already did a decent job with the steg.

Another thing is that I already broke my own promise - to paint every day. My I was busy all weekend, but that's just how it is. Next weekend I'm going to have a friend come visit me so we can play some warhammer all weekend. It means that I probably wont be able to paint saturday at the very least, maybe friday and sunday, we'll see.

Anywya I'm excited to get going with the bast as I'm sure it'll be great and once that is done I'll be painting some skinks for the skink competition so yeah, that'll be great as well. If I can get done with all the skinks it would be huge since that would leave me with "just" needing to paint my saurus, in terms of infantry models.

Tomorrow I'll clean up the gold on the crystal thingy and maybe start to add colors on the rest of it.

Bowser likes this.
  11. Hojdar
    Cold One

Hojdar Active Member

Looking good so far! It seems that everyone uses unique schemes for their bastiladon, it great to see some variety! What colour are you planning to use for the actual crystal?

12. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I'm actually not too sure yet, I dunno if it should be green or just blue.

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pictures will probably go up later. I've had a friend come over all weekend so I haven't had the time unfortunately.

14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

2xjq.jpg
    1db5.jpg
    8s72.jpg

I finally got around to take some pictures! I haven't had that much time to paint in the past few days, but I've still managed some. It's nearing completion although I still need some things such as the skinks, the crystal etc.

While it's the same colors as my stegadon I like the steg better, but it's still going to be awesome to field it on the board fully colored. I'm excited to see that my army is getting along nice and slowly. One day it'll be fully painted and that day will be glorious :smug:

Bowser likes this.
  15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Oh and if you look carefully at the crystal that is pointing forward you'll realize something went wrong. I blame drunk skinks !

16. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

yku1.jpg
    jgjy.jpg
    632i.jpg
    yxu9.jpg

Bam, almost done now. I'll try and get the skinks done tomorrow, but I also got some other stuff to do so I might not make it. After that I need to do some minor stuff on it, but it's nearly there.

When I'm finally done with this beast I'll continue on with my kroxigors :smug:

Bowser likes this.
  17. Hojdar
    Cold One

Hojdar Active Member

Looks very solid! The skinks took alot more time than i'd thought when i painted them, better get done with them quick!
    Also I noticed that we have the same monitor and keyboard, got a strange dejavu feeling for a while :D

18. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

well everything takes time IMO, however, what I do is giving my skinks 2 x wash of Druchi Violet on the skin followed by Emperor's Childrend (pink layer) on the scales and then wash the scales with Carroburg Crimsom.

That process is relative quick and you get a good result for a regular model that shouldn't take too much of your time. After the body and scales have been painted you just need to paint the jewelry, weapons, etc. Depending on your choice of color this shouldn't take too much time either, however, if you are fond of the golden color like me it'll obviously take more time due to the need of more layers.

Anyway it's quite random that we have the same setup. If you tell me that your computer have a GTX580 and I5 760 CPU it is getting somewhat odd :jawdrop: :D

Oh and thanks :)

19. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

One thing about the bast - it might look somewhat out of place with the yellow color, but once you see more of my kroxigors and skinks it'll fit right in.

20. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

6c8m.jpg
    n5bq.jpg
    wfs1.jpg
    8f63.jpg

Pretty much done now. I decided to add pupils to the skinks. If you look at the pictures from my stegadon the eyes are just blue, so from now on they'll all have pupils.

I can't wait to get going with my kroxigors and more skinks so that the colors will truly match on the board.

**EDIT**

I half-assed the the rocks it is standing on. I just couldn't be bothered since it was the last thing I had to do. One day I might get that true finish on my models haha :p

Bowser likes this.