1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Pinkies Paint log: Terrain for the terrain competition added

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Pinktaco, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Re: Pinktaco's pink paintlog: Dark elf COs conversion in pro

Haha very well then. I don't think anyone can recognize the arm in my group so it's not much of an issue anyway.
    I've given him a proper GW now. It looks great imo. He's close to being done, but I still have some small things left. I'm horrible at painting leather :s
    I would've like to been done earlier than this, but.. Life I suppose :p

2. MOMUS
    Cold One

MOMUS New Member

Nice work on the troglodon :)

3. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Got any updates on your coldies, mate?

4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

yes, I don't have any proper pictures and things have been going rather slow. Just started school after summer + I bought Diablo 3 + expansion for my PS4 so that have been eating into some of my time. :jawdrop:

Oh I'm also trying to hold on to going to the gym 4 tims a week. It's tough starting up again. Motivation man, always the motivation. :smug:

anyway...:

The pictures are rather bad TBH.

Both my OBs have been magnetized. It was a rough process without the proper tool (more specifically a drill lol). So that's definately on my next order from GW!

In the future I'd like to buy:

A second carnosaur kit. This'll allow me to paint a carnosaur with a matching armour for my current OB and use the OB that comes with the package to create a piranha blade w/ shield along and use the remaining heads in the kit to create other saurus characters such as one with a steggie helmet and so on.

I really like the carno kit because it leave you with so many things so while it's expensive you can definately use the spare parts.

I'd also like to have 2 x COR and COK boxes so I can make a proper bus (like 12 CORs + 3 characters or something like that).

Finally I'd also like to get a proper drill lol.

Unfortunately though my dog have been born with a fault in its hind legs (the angle is just a tiny bit wrong) meaning that the patella on the left leg have luxated (patella luxation) and is now rather .. well I don't know the English word - opposite of "tight".
    The point is that he will eventually need surgery, but since he's still just a puppy (roughly 5 months now) we've been told to wait. At November 24th we have an appointment for a"junior check" where we'll discuss it again with our vet.

It's a rather expensive surgery, but luckily the breeder have agreed to help us out AND we can make a payment deal with the hospital so we don't have to pay everything at once, but over a year or so.

The sad thing is that both legs are affected it's just that it's only the left one that is in actual need of surgery. The good thing is that he (the dog) doesn't suffer any pain. We'll just have to be careful when he's excited and with other dogs.

Sooo.. Where does this leave me? Well I still have lots of things to paint, especially characters; finish my slann, start tetto, paint 3 skink priests etc. so I can do without ordering anything new, but I'd just love to have the full set of my CORs.

Oh well, I just have to wait it out a bit more, paint what I have and see how we deal with the dog.

**Fake edit**

We actually have one of the best insurances in Denmark for our dog, unfortunately they don't cover us when it's something he's born with. Next time we purschase a dog it's with a pedigree since they prevent stuff like this <.<

Attached Files:

5. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

They don't pay if there's a birth defect? That's ridiculous!
    Best of luck with it all!

What are you planning to do for your piranha blade? Now that i've made mine, I'm terribly interested in what others are planning for theirs!

6. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I've completely lost interest in painting any more lizzies currently.. :/

So here's something else for you:

Attached Files:

7. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

I've always been intrigued by the Horrors. What are they like on the table?

8. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Well I haven't actually played then yet.

Herewith
    Here's the thing about VC units though. Pretty much all units can be used depending on your build. Well arguably we have the superior core units, but when the fun things start our book kinda falls apart. correct is mediocre, rippers require ridiculous skills to properly master compared to other MC unit and the kroxigors aren't really that needed or that good in an all comers list. In rare we have beasts such as the troglodon. Yay. Our monsters generally suffer from either relatively low movement compared to fly OR don't have a proper save such as regen or ward. So the risk of taking these models is quite high IMO.

With VC you either have fly or regen (horrors vs gheist and terrorgheists vs varghulfs) and while some units might be better than others you can generally speaking fit in all of them, some requiring more list building than others.

The best part IMO is the synergy. This is what our new monsters should've done, but they don't. I mean the troglodon is an incredible meh support unit with a buff noone cares about and the bast can boost our initiative? Well great... Compare that to the,zombie wagon that can give ASF or mortis engine that can give +1 regen. That's just ridiculous.

So with the horrors you only have to look once to know that they're great. 38pts for a T5, 5(4)+ regen? Yes please. And since they aren't vampire you can easily resurrect fallen once.

Just to give an example on their efficiency:
    8 horrors vs 26 (6 wide) white lions including champ in both will favor the horrors with 8 vs 4 wounds. If we consider the mortis engine ofc. From here on its a matter of just finishing the white lions. Obviously this doesn't account for the white lion super horde, and since the mortis engine is such a great value (automatic dmg effect to nearby units, chariot and +2 to casting oh and +1 regen) it's not hard to fit in without actually building around it.

So without having used then I can already now say they're good. Hell even the Vargheist without any saves are being used.

I've also bought a varghulf from someone I know. Hello WS5, I4, S5/T5 4+ regen. Just compare that to any of our monsters. I mean, sure it doesn't have the glorious impact hits that our steggies have, but on the other hand it can actually dish out AND take some after the initial strike. Oh and it have hatred so it'll wreck face the first turn if it doesn't somehow die before it strikes.

9. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Got some more pictures incoming soon-ish, hopefully tomorrow.

10. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Attached Files:

11. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Re: Pinktaco's pink paintlog: Skelliesbros and mummified hor

you're jumping on the undeath band wagon i see :p

keen to see how the whole lot looks all finished!

What gave you the idea to bandage them up?

12. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

It's a Lahmia force and the old Lahmia models used to have this "Egyptian"/Nehekara theme AFAIK. So that's what I'm doing. :)
    I bought a couple of Lahmia vampire models, but I havent yet figured out how to paint them.
    So they're supposed to look like giant mummies. Regular TK skeletons btw also have bandages on them.

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

3 Spirit hosts should be ready tomorrow :)

14. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Alright so several days later here they are:

And something else for you:

Oh and my used-to-be-necrarch-vamp-but-is-now-a-regular-necromancer (check his missing teeths :smug: ):

Attached Files:

15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Oh well, I'm considering to continue my Plog on the vampire forum since that's probably more appropriate considering this is a LM forum afterall ._.

16. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Hey dude,don't think you can't post your VC stuff here, we are happy to browse upon the riches of all lands!

17. Vosrik
    Cold One

Vosrik Well-Known Member

Did you green stuff the cloaks on both of those horses? :O They look quite good!

18. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

No, that's just how they are. Good Mounted Lahmia and Necrarch to see for yourself. :)

19. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

What's next on the list to do, taco?

20. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Well I do havre to finish up the bases on my characters and spirit hosts. After that I have 3 chariots that awaits painting. I just haven't got the time currently because of exam so it'll be another week and a half before I start work on those.