1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirates- Blood and Plunder

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Warden, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I have looked at Freebooter's Fate before (I have an Amazon model from them) but I found this line recently and it looked really neat.

Blood and Plunder

Unlike Freebooter's Fate they are a more "historical" pirate miniatures game, and seem to have rules that allow seemless land-to-boat play. They have several European powers at play in the game (English, Dutch, Spanish, French) and some cool looking Native American Caribbeans too.

French:

french-image-copy.png

English:

english_back-image-copy.png

Spanish:

spanish_back-image-copy.png

Natives:

native_american_back-image-copy.png

Here are some of the boats.

Corvette:

fgweb-store-corvette.png

Galleon:

web_galleon-bg.png

They also have some bundles as well.

Two players:

2-player-bundles-1.png

Each player faction has multiple options to get a "nationality" pack, the cards, and a ship:

english-nationality-brigantine-bundle.png

I do like the English and the Spanish factions, I am considering saving up to get the bundles for a sloop and a brigantine. And likely the native nationality set too, maybe make my own canoes out of something.

2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

A few more cool pics.

ee6e5c430934867538a4fcee537b8e3b_original.png

slide-1-1.png

Bridge-Fight.jpg

9c4a816e1a55ba21915a1f394441b3fa--game-tables-pirate.jpg

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

As a player of Tortuga: Pirates of the New World (an old and obscure PC Game where you get to sail a ship around the Caribbean, fight pirates and deal with English, French, Spanish and Dutch), I can honestly say I love this! The ships are beautiful - are there rules for naval battles as part of this game alongside the skirmish play? - and the miniatures are great. I certainly like the look of the English and Native nationalities too.

Between us we’ve found so many of these little-known games - we should start getting into some of them!

Crowsfoot and Warden like this.
  4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Actually just purchased the natives for Blood and Plunder yesterday; I hope to use them for a couple different games, from Mordheim, Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, and maybe even as auxiliaries for the Lizardmen!

If you want to see some more awesome piratey pics, check THIS out!

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

You could also use them as a company for IHMN - there were still Native Americans around in the Victorian Era so why not? ;) You could make them a fast-moving melee-based company that’s squishy but that’s why they need to get into combat!

Warden likes this.
  6. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Very true.

Actually yesterday I was researching Steampunk tabletop terrain. I wasn't able to find much great tabletop stuff, but I did come across a lot of great artwork. I need to organize them and post them up on the IHMN thread.

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I look forward to seeing it!

8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Some videos on the game I have been going over, mostly from Beasts of War:

And a cool looking board from Terrainaholic:

11. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I also just basecoated my new Native Caribbeans! I like the models, they will work great across multiple games.

warden201811_native caribbeans WIP 1.jpg

12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Please tell me you won't call them Umpopo, Ugh, Agh, Og, Arg, Bongo and so on.... (referring to the old Games Workshop Pygmies).

Warden likes this.
  13. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Ha no... not those names :bag:

Plan is for them to act as a generic Native Islander set of minis. I like the idea of using them for Ghost Archipelago, or even as some auxiliaries for a Mayan force.

14. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

So saw this AWESOME board today:

02f0289157c98094a5fb2a4a5224f21a.jpg

Really epic :wideyed: and its just for thte board game pirates cove! Would love to play ANY game on this board, whether it was Pirates Cove, Warhammer/Mordheim, Blood and Plunder, whatever! Beautiful stuff.

pic81207.jpg

pic98304.jpg

pic165170.jpg

ARRRRRGH :argh:;)!!!

15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Exciting news everyone!

I took the plunge and order my copy of the 'collectors' edition of the Blood and Plunder rulebook today! I don't normally do collectors editions as they can be expensive, but this one had both the main rulebook and the expansion in one single book. And it looked awesome and is a game about historical pirates!

warden202010_rulebook 1.jpg

The book is awesome, made to look 'old timey,' with lots of great artwork and beautifully painted miniatures. And maps!

warden202010_rulebook 2.jpg
    warden202010_rulebook 3.jpg

warden202010_rulebook 4.jpg

I have only given it a single once-over so far, but I can say my favorite part of the book after my initial read. It reminds me so much of my old WHF timeline charts that used to be in the Lizardmen, Bretonnia, and Dwarf books, and the main rulebook. And there are several pages worth of timelines of stuff that really happened! You can tell the creators spend a lot of time, effort, and research to put into this book.

The people from firelock games will likely never read this, but I love your book, thanks for putting it together!

... already mentioned their kickstarter HERE, and as much as I can't put in for it now, I am super excited for when their new starter set his general production!

16. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

This looks great. I used to play Warhammer Legends of the High Seas. That too was a great skirmish game with war bands that evolved as you played.