1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have you ever felt that your miniature cabinet is missing something? Don't fret, we have you covered.

Take a look at the awesome bust's offered by 3DArtDigital, they will look awesome on display.

Click here for more information.

Dismiss Notice

8th Ed. Plague of Rust: Who is effected when cast on a unit + character (and the character leaves the unit)?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 6, 2019.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

This question spawned out of the following question on a Chaos Dwarf tactica thread (quoted below).

@Scalenex : you have me intrigued. I was certain that the same ruling would apply to Plague of Rust as it does to Dark Subjugation. Both are hex spells that apply a permanent effect on the enemy.

How should the spell interaction with the unit + character be played in the case of Plague of Rust? And if played differently from Dark Subjugation, why?

2. Scalenex
    OldBlood

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I would say that a character would still have his/her armor save penalized after leaving a unit hit by Plague of Rust. It was a physical affliction.

A character leaving a unit hit by Dark Subjugation would regain his Ld in my opinion. The psychological effect was centered on the group. Chaos Dwarfs are all about subjugating groups. Once outside the unit the character should be free of the mass panic caused by the magically cursed groupthink.

On the same token a character joining that unit would gain the pyschological affliction whilst a character joining a Plague of Rust unit would not gain the physical affliction.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Interesting. To me, rules-wise, the effect of Dark Subjugation is no different than Plague of Rust. Both are hex spells that impart a permanent debuff. Fluff-wise I can understand your differentiation, but rules-wise they seem like they should behave in the exact same manner.

It's a tricky one!

4. Killer Angel
    OldBlood

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

As I've said in the other thread, i tend to believe that the character is affected by the permanent debuff, even if it leaves the unit.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.