1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Planning for 2k vs Aelves

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Ryojin, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ryojin
    Skink

Ryojin Member

Hey there!

Planning for another game here and looking forward to fielding my latest reinforcements on table top (will post pictures when I have time to take nice ones). Mostly I'd like to field my Slann, 2x Stegadons(magnetised) and 6 Kroxigor. I'd like to field as many monsters as possible. Throw in your suggestions, I still have time to build models by the game.

I'll be playing Aelves of the darker shade or chaos. My opponent is not a power gamer at all.

My current setup is a Thunderquake Monster Mash.

LEADERS

Engine of the Gods (240)- Artefact : Phoenix Stone

Slann Starmaster (260)- (General) Trait: Master of Defence or Tenacious Artefact : Phoenix Stone

UNITS

6 x Kroxigor (360)- 2 x Moonhammer
    10 x Skinks (80)- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers- Battleline

BEHEMOTHS
    Stegadon (260) Skystreak Bow(?)
    Bastiladon (300)
    Troglodon (200)

Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Do you know what Aelf he will bring?

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This list works really well, I think the trof will be good for some extra spell range, I might go Sunfire throwers instead because of the aelves movement you won't need to shoot across the table.

4. Ryojin
    Skink

Ryojin Member

I think he will be playing dark elves, has at least a sorc on dragon, spearmen, bolt throwers, the shooty battleline unit, executioners. Dont know too many details, the models are quite old so I dont think I recognise all the stuff. Also, havent seen his aelves in action, only in pictures.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

If he brings the cauldron kill it. Kill it fast.

6. BloodyFiesta
    Jungle Swarm

BloodyFiesta New Member

Could not help but smile when Bowser mentions killing the Cauldron fast. As a long long time Dark Elf player, and just having played my first game as Seraphon, people always seem to brush off the cauldron. Executioners are nasty with 6's to hit causing 2 mortal wounds, and do not discount the bolt throwers. You have to be very aggressive in what you decide to do. Tip toeing around will only get your key units sniped with 36 inch range. I would definitely recommend something that can get to the backline and fast. 240 points of bolt throwers = 24 shots, 4 to hit, 3 to wound, 6's are 2 dmg at rend 1. For the points they always do a LOT of work for me, obviously would be a little less vs Seraphon.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@Ryojin If he has bolt throwers and a cauldron you want Camo skinks and flyers to hit them hard and fast as @BloodyFiesta says leaving them to have free shots spells doom.

Bowser likes this.
  8. Ryojin
    Skink

Ryojin Member

Alright guys, change in plans!

Will be playing on Wednesday. And heck he mentioned playing orruks now, didn't know he had them at all before. So also dont know any stuff in the army.

Should I change something with that in mind?Also I dont have enough time to build and paint stuff at this point. I dont have any flyers or cham skinks. :0