1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning paint schemes

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Starfighter7, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Starfighter7
    Jungle Swarm

Starfighter7 New Member

Hey everybody,
    While I was browsing youtube for videos on painting miniatures, I came across this amazing video by Goobertown Hobbies, where he shows how to use powerpoint to plan your paint schemes!

I don't have acces to powerpoint, so I used this method using paint.NET and it is amazing! I'll post a picture of my tries at this method when I have the time.

What method do you guys use to plan your paint schemes?

Imrahil, bOdziO Wolf and LizardWizard like this.
  2. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

I usually try to get some basic palette on my PC, then roughly apply the colors on the test miniature.

I use the test miniature mainly because:
    * LCD screens totally mess up colors especially near green
    * different paints reflect light differently (there are more glossy and more matte paints)
    * different parts of the miniature reflect light differently (especially fun if you plan to paint a belly of your Skink in some lighter color)
    * producers that manufacture paints cannot agree on how to show the paint on the screen (so you sometimes end up buying completely different shade of your color) this is beautifully represented by any random search for a paint color on the web:
    Przechwytywanie.PNG

Cageyblood likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I do paintovers with paint.net