1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic Oldblood on Gamezone Predator

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by chuck1015, Apr 9, 2014.

1. chuck1015
    Jungle Swarm

chuck1015 New Member

The Predators are slightly bigger than GW cold ones, and seems to work well with the big Oldblood model from the Carnosaur kit. I couldn't get the rider to "sit" properly on the saddle, and it looks like he is standing in the saddle or being bounced upwards as the mount runs along.
    There are several different Predator models available from Gamezone, and this one was with the Dark Elf Musician. Some of the others might work better for this conversion - I just felt that this one looked best.
    Ugly join with the tail and body... ran out of green stuff, and even if I hadn't my sculpting is terrible and probably would have looked worse than just leaving the line. Gamezone models have a well documented history of being difficult to assemble and glue.

100_1771.jpg
    100_1769.jpg
    100_1768.jpg
    100_1772.jpg

2. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

I like the model! It's ferocious and the head look quite non-dinosaurian, if you don't like the idea of dinos riding dinos. I just wished the back leg wasn't that raised, it looks a bit comical in my opinion. The Oldblood seems to fit nicely, and it doesn't look goofy. I don't know in what kind of pieces the Oldblood comes, but I think it would have looked even better if you could have positioned the hand a bit higher, to look like it's striking at something. That would have made it look less like he's about to fall on his face. Overall, very nice conversion, thanks for sharing!