1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: According to the chart in the original post, which Game of Thrones character are you?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Mar 29, 2018.

?

According to the chart in the original post, which Game of Thrones character are you?

1. Arya Stark

2. Cersei Lannister

3. Eddard Stark

4. Brienne of Tarth

5. Ramsay Bolton

6. Sansa Stark

7. Jon Snow

8. Khal Drogo

9. Tyrion Lannister

10. Joffrey Baratheon

11. Jamie Lannister

12. Daenerys Targaryen

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'm not familiar with that body of work. My point is that Martin releases his books very slowly (which makes sense based on their brilliance and complexity), but he doesn't seem that healthy.

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's.... different. Many pieces were already finished (including the end scenes) and Robert Jordan left a huge number of very specific notes. That's why Brandon Sanderson (who is a great writer in his own right) had it a lot easier to finish it.
    Man I remember being crushed when RJ died and I had a really bad feeling about someone else finishing it. But it turned out really great.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

You're right that's completely my bad I forgot that Robert Jordan had left specific notes

5. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

I ended up as Ramsey Bolton.......

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Hahaha... the most evil and sadistic character on the show. :eek:

I was wondering how long it would be until somebody drew him.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

And in the meantime i am no more alone in being joffrey :p

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

This is true. If anything, Ramsey is even worse!

9. Aginor
    Slann

I agree. He is really made to hate.

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A well written and played character though. He inspires the precise emotions in you that he was supposed to.

11. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah. I read a semi funny article in which the actor explained that random people on the street scowl at him because he plays the character so immersively it seems, they forget he is just the actor for a moment.
    Also he explained in an interview that he and the actress playing Sansa had some awkward days after that one particular scene although they normally got along great.

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, no doubt about it!

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think all the acting has been great on the show.

Some of my favorites have been:

upload_2018-4-1_23-25-42.png upload_2018-4-1_23-26-17.png upload_2018-4-1_23-27-11.png

And Tywin... and so many more!

14. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

All three of those have been great. Baelish's death scene in particular.

My favorite is Ned, but I enjoy Sean Beans acting style

15. Aginor
    Slann

Indeed, a lot of good acting there.
    There is a lot of ridiculous and bad stuff in the show but you can't complain about the acting.

16. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Tommens a little weak, and the mountain was 1 dimensional

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

He was very good!

Bad stuff??? Like what? That show is virtually flawless!

Having quite few casting changes throughout is frustrating, but other than that what is not to love?

Tommen is supposed to be weak. The Mountain is supposed to be one dimensional!

18. Aginor
    Slann

Well, I am going to ignore that they don't follow the books very well. That's just adaptation.
    But I draw the line at introducing new characters just for the sake of adding more violence and/or sex to the show. As if the books weren't already violent enough.

I can almost live with the changed names and appearances. Almost. The ages don't fit either (the Stark girls and Tommen for example) Some characters are barely recognizable for a reader of the books until someone tells you their names. Needlessly including token characters.

But the sword fights for example. In some parts the choreography is just dire. People cutting with swords that are only made for thrusting (looking at you Arya), people using ridiculous stances that would get them killed in no time (Brienne and Jamie, as well as Arthur Dayne, reportedly three very good sword fighters).
    People using ranged weapons at completely moronic distances. Grrr.
    Daenerys uses her dragons in the most moronic ways possible, getting them into danger needlessly, which causes one Dragon being shot down by a weapon that normally would have had no chance in ever hitting it (by the Lannister ballista) and causes the death of another one (the whole rescue action was executed so poorly it hurt).

"Plot Speed". this is infuriating to me. Lazy writing requires them to be completely inconsistent with people travelling distances. Especially in the latest season the main characters practically teleport.
    There is a map of Westeros and the speeds at which people on foot, ships, and horses can travel are known. The writers/producers should use that information.
    It becomes even more ridiculous if you plot on the map where they were going and which routes they had to take.
    Moving a huge army across a continent without being noticed and so on.

The choice when to switch locations. The books are also doing that unfortunately.

The bullshit "previously on GoT" parts at the beginning of the show, always basically spoiling the surprises of the episode by showing the (sometines almost forgotten by the audience) characters that will play a role in the episode.

Argh it is hard to type all this on the mobile phone but I could go on for quite a while.

Oh and RE: the Mountain: he isn't _that_ one dimensional in the books.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Because the ages described in the book wouldn't translate as well into a live action show. I have no issue with them changing the ages of the characters, and I actually prefer the ages in the show. The book characters feel a bit too young.

It's a fair enough point, but one that can be directed at just about any tv show or movie combat scene. In film, the rule of cool reigns. That said, I do agree that a bit more realism would benefit the show, however the fight scenes are still entertaining and exciting.

Good point.

I wouldn't blame that on the show itself. That is just a marketing tool.

Yes, but the show has a much tighter time constraint placed on it. You have to make concessions somewhere. In the case of the Mountain, you just give him the amount of depth he requires to fulfill his story role. With the number of characters that GoT has, you need to create some one-dimensional ones. Plus it provides a nice bit of contrast to the more in-depth characters.

Aginor likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

I definitely see the reasons they had to do most of the above. Still points of critique for me.
    What is special about the books is how realistical the world is compared to real world medieval times. IMO the tv show has strayed too far from that in some things because someone in marketing said "people want xyz".

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.