1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Pick your poison! Who was the best Joker?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Apr 28, 2017.

?

Of these four actors, who played the best Joker?

1. Cesar Romero

2. Jack Nicholson

3. Heath Ledger

4. Jared Leto

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Hahaha

Ritual likes this.
  2. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Poor us for having to watch Suicide Squad.

Workschmock and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Did You fell into the trap?
    It was a pretty obvious one. :p

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I haven't watched it to be honest. I don't really like DC.

Ritual likes this.
  5. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

6. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

It's fun how age categories generally is the difference for which Joker people likes the most :p I'm all for Ledger, but the Nolan batman is also my favourite. I know a lot of people loves Keaton, but the way Nolan presented his universe, with the best origin story I've ever seen for batman, just sold me.

I'm also that guy who still can't decide which I like the best, batman begins or dark knight :)

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

I will help you. It's the Dark Knight. :p

Scalenex and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Agreed!

9. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

So does most of the people I know ;) but I can't help to enjoy the smart way they have incorporated the mythos of batman, into a new yet familiar origin story.

Also I love origin stories :p

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  10. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Heath Ledger stole the show.

Jack Nicholson set the mould and did a really good job, but Heath took it to another level.

Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  11. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Though I like Jared Leto, mostly because of 30 Seconds to Mars, I also have to go with Heath Ledger for the Joker.

Grrr, Imrahil

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  12. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

This poll is so unsurprising. Got to give Romero credit for sticking with his mustache.

I figure an animated version would have Mark Hamill win by a landslide. Not only was Hamill great but he has name recognition voice actors do not usually receive. Also he did voice acting more. He is the voice of Joker in Batman the Animated Series and Justice League Action and a bunch of video games.

I'm kind of a DC animated film connoisseur. I noticed a lot of Joker voice actors only do the voice for one episode or movie. My favorite one-hit wonder was John Dimaggio aka Bender and Jake the Dog.

The second most prolific Joker voice actor was Keven Michael Richardson. Granted I like Mark Hamill better. I like Batman The Animated Series from the 90s better than The Batman from the 00s, but both voice actors are great and both shows are great.

Sadly this video doesn't show the part where the Arkham prisoners were released during an alien invasion and the rogues criminals were basically thrown at the aliens. Joker screams "No one destroys Gotham but me!"

I am a huge fan boy for the show Young Justice. I didn't have a problem with their new take on the Joker but apparently the internet exploded with vitriol. Since his season 1 debut, Joker has been conspicuously absent from season 2 and 3. My guess is he's not going to be in Season 4 either. To my understanding, he is a cross between Mark Hamill's Joker and Heath Ledger's Joker and he annoys fans because he is neither Mark Hamill or Heath Ledger.

The Joker in the Harley Quinn show is played by Alan Tudyk. I like Alan Tudyk a lot, but they are overworking him. He does about half of the male voices on that show and they sort of blend together.

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

I feel this poll should be reset, and restarted with the inclusion of Joaquin Phoenix...

Scalenex and Krox_v.2 like this.
  14. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking about that too. There are some names that bring class to a film/tv show just based on the quality of actors (Morgan Freeman, Judi Dench, Benedict Cumberbatch etc). When they have a role in a form of media, be it live action or otherwise, it creates excitement for it simply because they’re damn good actors. But to my knowledge, Mark Hamil is the only voice actor able to command that power, simply from being a voice actor. Everyone else with that kind of star power has earned it from live acting, but when you see Mark Hamil is going to play an animated part, your excited because you know it’s going to be acted really well, and he’s earned that entirely from his vocal performances. He’s the only voice actor I know who is like that, and honestly I think it’s a massive injustice to the community that that’s the case

15. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

I second this. That movie was deeply unnerving, beautifully acted and I loved Hildur Guonadottir's work on the score

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  16. Scalenex
    Slann

I never saw Jared Leto, play the Joker. I heard nothing good about the movie so I didn't watch it.

I'm not sure how much of it was Jared Leto's fault, he didn't write the script and he didn't pick the costume.

Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan are geniuses (though they are not infallible). I think a mediocre actor would shine under their care. I don't know even know who wrote or directed Jared Leto's version.

Mark Hamill was a fantastic Joker voice actor, but I don't think I ever heard a Joker voice I didn't like except maybe some of the Lego Jokers.

The Joker version from Batman Ninja was over the top, but EVERYONE and EVERYTHING in Batman Ninja was over the top.

Did you know Brett Spiner, aka Star Trek's Data voiced the Joker for Young Justice. I didn't notice that at first...That dude is versatile.

I am big fan of Young Justice, but I noticed there was a sort of fan backlash against this version of the Joker. This Joker chewed on the Fourth Wall, the only Young Justice character to do so, and this lost him a lot of point. They redeemed a bit in season 4 with a sinister funny rant that didn't break the Fourth Wall.

I think Mark Hamill was the best Joker in my opinion, I think John Dimaggio was a very close second. He was only in Batman Under the Red Hood but it also helped that it was an expertly paced and written animated film. I really like this scene, but Dimaggio's Joker steals every scene he is in.

17. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I understand why you left Mark out of this poll @NIGHTBRINGER, but I still say Mark Hammel.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  18. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Heath Ledger. For me there is no question.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  19. Scalenex
    Slann

It would be a very close match up between Phoenix and Ledger for me...

Jared Leto's joker was bad, but I don't think it was Jared's fault. The best actor in the world cannot make up for bad writing and directing, but I think a good writer can prop up a bad actor though. The cast of Idiocracy was not bad, but none of the acting was stellar but it was a great movie nonetheless. One of my friends said "It's more fun to quote the movie than to watch it."

VikingRage and Imrahil like this.
  20. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

Idiocracy is a gem! The only model I have named in any of my armies is a Wulfen with the name "Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho" on the base...