1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post size limit?

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Caneghem, May 22, 2009.

1. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I noticed that after a post reaches a certain length, the window where you enter test refuses to stay scrolled down, so you can't see what you are typing, though you are still able to actually enter words. Is this a sort of encouragement for long-winded folk like myself to keep it brief? Seems like it could be a bug though.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It does sound more like a bug and I can't say I have encountered that before...

Hmmm how big was the post you were trying to make?!? I just kept pressing enter and occasionally typing a few lines to see if anything happened, and probably got to well over 100 lines without the problem you are describing. Maybe it is something to do with your browser and/or computer?

3. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Well, usually I use IE, let's see how Firefox treats me.

(some text mashing and scrolling occurs)

I can't seem to reproduce the error, looks like I'll be going Firefox for a while.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Interesting, and a strange problem. I use Firefox which is possibly why I didn't encounter it, another strange glitch for microsoft's IE. :D

Once you get used to firefox, you find it is faaaaar better than IE anyway. ;)