1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Predictions for Warhammer 8th Edition Armies: Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by SouthlandLizardman, Mar 27, 2012.

1. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

That would be cool.

Is there any speculation on when the new book will come out?

Last time I bough the Lizarmen army book, a new one came out a few months later.... And I just bought the new book!

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Lol, that may brood well for us then! Someone mentioned a June/July time frame for the Lizardmen book, but until I see it, I will not believe that.

3. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

My prediction for Salamanders is that they will still be Skirmishers but be given the Move or Fire rule. Pretty simple fix.

Warseer rumor threads still have us several months out. Sometime in the 3rd quarter of this year. Of course those are still rumors. Games Workshop could've leaked that info to throw us off the scent, for all we know.

4. Hasnat
    Chameleon Skink

Hasnat New Member

If Lizardmen are given a Magic Lore of their own, what kinds of spells would be in it?

I personally think that Skink Priests should be given the ability to use the Lores of Life and Light as that fits in well with the Lizardmen backstory.

Moreover, I think that in some ways, the Slann should be nerfed by increasing its points cost to emphasise its rarity. If you think about it, Slann aren't supposed to be coming out every other day to fight - they are meant to be a rare sight. However, perhaps their influence over the battle could be including in the army special rules.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Bahh,,,,

ok I'm going to predict the oposite and say that ...

Slann are going to get better,
    and get the generations back....
    (All curent Slann are basicly the weekest 5th generation slann)

Back in 6th edition even the rather weak 4th generation Slann where completely immune to miscast.

while the Mighty 2nd gen Slann got +1 die to cast and +1 die to dispell,
    immune to mistast, 3 extra wounds, knew entire lore, or could roll on any
    number of basic lores for random spells, also they knew 3 levels of drain magic.

This is all stuff Slan USED TO have.

6. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

and it was quite fair, i think. Sorry if my slann has thousands of years more than your stupid warm-blooded wizard...

7. CaptainKirk
    Saurus

CaptainKirk New Member

Well, all the changes in the world to a Slann won't make me take him instead of my oldblood :smug: I just hope that our magic items get a huge update.. We have some very laughable magic items compared to other armies like WoC and the High Elves. Honestly, I want nerfs in a couple places, a buff for Kroxigors (probably one of the worst MI in the game by themselves stat/point-wise), spawnings for Saurus and Slann, and then a better magic item list. Not so much better as in people scream 'CHEESE' like we were Skaven or something, but I want everything to have its uses in multiple situations and be [almost] worth the cost.. I want our army to be underpowered.. Nothing makes me feel better than beating strong armies with an average one ;) I don't want my army boosted, I want to become a better general!

8. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

GW is trying to put every army at the same level, that is even better ;)
    but i think slanns have effectively to be the best casters in the game. They can nerf other things, if they want :D

9. GCPD
    Bastiladon

GCPD Active Member

CaptainKirk, how do you run your army without a Slann? (Drop me a PM if its OT).

10. Raptorclaw
    Jungle Swarm

Raptorclaw New Member

Well, it's been all but confirmed:
    http://bluetablepainting.com/lizardmen-leaks/

say what you think! :D