1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with stegadon

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by strewart, Apr 4, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I am just getting my skink crew in place on the howdah, and noticed that with the skink holding the winder for the bolt thrower, it doesn't line up with the bolt thrower! There is a gap between pieces, which obviously looks a bit dodgy.. I have tried bending his legs a bit to get him closer, but no luck so far, all I managed to do was maul his legs.

Anyone else have this trouble, or can anyone think of what I might do about it?

Cheers.

2. jochemvh
    Saurus

jochemvh New Member

i've build mine as an ancient, so i dont have that problem, but i have heard friends complain about it too.
    he solved the problem with cutting the skink at the waist and realigning the skink through pinning the upper and lower halves.
    he hasn't painted it yet, but the pose of the skink looks good.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

Hmm good and bad to see I'm not the only one. IMO GW should have been able to design it so it lined up perfectly without having to convert. I was impressed with the way they handled the reigns of the new HE chariot, and the HE dragon, very impressed with the way the howdah fits on the steg, and pretty happy with the way the steg fits together, unfortunate to see this little detail not done properly..

I'm not so keen with cutting the model in half, it would be had to line up scales again. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to juust extend the stork thing under the skinks hand so it reaches the bolt better. Might look a bit weird, but plausible. Otherwise maybe I could bend the body rather than cutting it.. And bend the arm..

4. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

You could build a slight platform for the skink to stand on. I remember thinking it was only sligtly off.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

The problem is the skink is too high for the bolt thrower, a platform would just make it worse. Unless I put him on the same howdah piece as the bolt thrower... That might work.

6. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

When I dry fitted mine I grooved it so I could slightly turn it, it puts him on the first level and looks like he is aiming it.