1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Protecting our Oldblood in a bloodclaw

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Seraphage, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I started working on a list of Bloodclaw which I never tried - I tend to avoid any kind of batallion that falls apart the moment you lose a single model - and I am trying to think a way that it could give me a small - even - chance of not losing my OB turn 1 against an experienced player that has range threats.

1. With our new allegiance ability, my first thought is to simply put him away from everything first turn and teleport him near our armies at the 1st round or the 2nd depending on the needs of the battle.
    2. Will of course give him the 3+ rez artifact and will give the Coronal shield to a hero that I will always try to have him next to him.
    3. Will also give him Mystic Shield for a 3+ but a -1 is always sure to be had so his save will be at 4+ anyway although this still is a con for our army since Mystic Shield will be on him and not able to use it on another maybe important unit in the fear of him dying.
    4. I never leave home without a starpriest and his starlight. Still a problem to not be able to use it on another unit but this one really is mandatory. Do not forget : When a unit attacks a starlighted unit of ours, even when has Re - Roll to hit and let's say hits on a 3+, he does NOT reroll ANY 3s rolled as "they are successful hits and thus no reroll on them" but fail anyway due to -1. Super strong. Had a combination with the Coronal Shield yesterday and a -2 to hit crippled 2 dragons with reroll all failed rolls. Was great.

Even with all those, 200points still look like a gamble as he still gets no protection from mortal wounds and still wouldn't probably survive a shooting phase against shooting heavy armies.

What are your thoughts / suggestions on it ? *My meta is a pretty rough and 2 of them even won GTs 3 years ago so, besides being great guys and have great time playing with them, I expect no mercy from no one. I also do not want any :cool::D

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

No clue., honestly. Unless that ridiculous LoS-shooting is abolished in favour of a proper cover system to allow bubble wrapping heroes the Oldblood will be sniped.
    Teleporting him in.... yeah, it could work. But only once and afterwards he is toast. Giving him mystic shield and/or Starlight and/or Coronal Shield would work but you need that for your other units as well. Against Skyfires, Kurnoth Hunters or a Knight Venator you still will lose I guess.
    I think our only defense against sniping armies is to kill the snipers with a deep strike, and that's pretty much impossible while playing a bloodclaw.
    Maybe teleporting some Knights behind enemy lines to kill enemy snipers/archers.

Seraphage likes this.