1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Protectors of Chupayotl

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by WAYNDERL3I, Dec 23, 2012.

1. WAYNDERL3I
    Jungle Swarm

WAYNDERL3I New Member

Hi everyone after much deliberation I have decided that my new Lizardman army will be themed around the lost city of Chupayotl.

It will consist of the only remaining Slaan left from that region with a Sea anemone or coral type "palanquin" - I've got a suprise for this model which I wont ruin by telling you now!

A Saurus heavy element (which the fluff does allow as they are responsible for protecting him now considering the death of his TG) again thinking something like Turtle shell shields or some form of sea creature hide for their shields and harpoon type weapons as spears.

The Skinks will have some modifications but I'm not sure what direction to take them yet - was thinking some longer tails and blowpipes made from coral which will use Indonesian Needlefish (if theres any marine biologists here I love animals!) as dart "ammo"

A large number of gribblys will be included;

Chaos Screamers made to look a bit friendlier as Manta Rays in the place of Terradons anyone?

Salamanders - I quite like the salamander models so unless I can find a decent alternative, these will have some subtle conversions made to them.

A Turtle/Tortoise Stegadon (Alligator Snapping Turtle maybe?) or EoTG Kraken...I know you all just read that and shouted "RELEASE THE KRAKEN"

The Cold Ones will still exist as there is nearby marshland and jungles and the enemy's who are coming to loot the city will need to be tracked and hunted on land too.

These are all the ideas in my head at the moment and need to be written down so as the start of this Paint Log this is where they will stay, but there will be more!

Please feel free to tell me if an idea sounds silly or just doesn't seem "right" - I'd really like to avoid a pure blue type scheme but feel I'm forcing myself down the GW way of painting.

Regardless here are the models I've brought/Recieved as gifts from friends for Xmas and have hustled from ebay!

I'll apologise in advance but because of the festive season updates may be a bit sporadic for the next week or so but please dont think I'm trying to get off the hook or that I need to be tossed back into the army. (Make all the fishing jokes!)

Without further ado...

boxedlizzies.jpg

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Sounds great, interested to see what comes of this.

3. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Always good to hear of an army with a theme. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the kraken/turtle and the slann in particular, but how you give the core units the proper flavour will really make or break the army.

Will a hero be wielding a swordfish? I think this needs to happen.

4. WAYNDERL3I
    Jungle Swarm

WAYNDERL3I New Member

Thanks, I think it may take a while.

I agree so I'm heading down the view of turtle shells and pieces of jagged coral for shields, plus to keep the colours fresh without using the GW mandatory bright teal/blue I've plumped for a murky more toned down green colour which will be counteracted with shades of purple.

With regards to the idea of a swordfish, that may make an appearance on my Steg ;)

something specifically like this with more purple elements! (because who said water was always clear :p)

9281933-green-lizard-lying-on-the-branch.jpg

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

That looks promising

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Ambitious project, I look forward to seeing it.