1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about bases

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Sealterbloind, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Sealterbloind Active Member

Ever since FaBa turned into Age of Sigmar all Lizardmen come with round or oval bases which of course don't work if you're playing them in FaBa instead of AoS. So I decided to ask how you people have proceeded with your armies after AoS? I assume that when GW's stock of square and rectangular bases run out they will not refill it..? It's also a little bit more expensive to buy the bases separately.

Have any of you thought of doing or done bases and movement trays yourself? From which materials?

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

My armies are 99% on sq bases, I recently started playing KOW and they use sq bases also, eventually all GW models will be on round bases but AOS does not have a restriction to base type. Basing your army on round bases will make them illegal for Warhammer fantasy and 9th but not KOW as you move models as a unit.

Best bet is to base on sq so you can play any game type.

MDF, thin plastic sheet, thick cardboard can all be used to make movement trays.

Jorgik likes this.
  3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Are craft sticks available in Finland? They sell them here at $ stores (where everything is one $).

Those are great for edging movement trays.