1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Questions couldn't find answers to

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by TommyM, Apr 9, 2015.

1. TommyM
    Skink

TommyM New Member

Hi,
    My son and I had the following issues come up in a recent game and I couldn't find answers in the rulebook. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Are NG Fanatics released if flyers make a flying charge against a unit of Ngs? If yes, at what distance from them?

Do Ripperdactyls have Stomp? They are listed as Monstrous Cav but Stop isn't under their special rules.

Does a Quick to Fire weapon suffer a stand and shoot penalty?

Does a hex or augment spell remain on a unit if the shaman who cast it is killed before their next magic phase?

If a unit has to wheel to make a charge but fails the charge, does it move ahead in a straight line or wheel as it would have until the fail distance is moved?

In a multiple unit combat, if the the losing unit flees from the enemy with the greatest number of models, forcing it to flee through enemy models in contact on it's flank or rear, is it destroyed?

Maybe some or all of these are in the rulebook, but I must be missing them, so thanks again.

2. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Yes, at the 8" line. You effectively need to stop the flyers and resolve the fanatics before completing the charge. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I rarely play against OnG.

Yes, this can be found in the BRB under unit type descriptions.

Yes, as it is not noted anywhere they wouldn't. They are just allowed to make S&S reaction even if the charging unit is "too" close.

If the spell is "Remains in Play" it would be removed. Otherwise the spell will stay.

You should move towards the unit you have charged. So wheel if you need.

You'll have to take dangerous terrain tests as normal when fleeing through enemy models and therefore it is not automatically destroyed. Note that there is a weird situation if the pursuit distance of the unit in the flank/rear would bring the unit into contact with the fleeing unit. The fleeing unit will survive if the dice roll of flee was more than pursuit. You would just stop the pursuiting unit 1" from the fleeing one.

BR
    Agrem

n810 likes this.