1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Questions regarding screening

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Bartuk, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Bartuk
    Kroxigor

Bartuk Well-Known Member

Hi,
    it's me again with simple rule questions:

1) Can i screen my units from shooting?
    (For example: Can my Slann / Skinkstarpriest hide behind my Skinks / EotG? If he can: Can he still do it on top of his Vortex?)

2) I screen my Stegadon with Skinks to avoid being charged. Can the Stegadon charge through my own Skinks?
    (The Skinks are a maximum of 1" apart from each other, but the base of the Stegadon can't fit through.) If the Stegadon can't charge through my Skinks, is it possible for a unit with a base size of 1"?

Thank you :)

Lizerd likes this.
  2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

movement.PNG flying.PNG Look out sir.PNG line of sight.PNG
    1) true line of sight, if the model can be seen from the shooting model, it can be shot. unless there is a specific terrain or endless spell whos effect is to block line of sight (palisade, overgrown terrain, etc)

2) no model can have any portion of its base pass over the base of another model, friendly or enemy, unless it has the fly rule, or another ability that specifically give it a similar rule.

addendum to 1) you can reduce the shooting potential with "look out sir" for a hero that doesn't have the Monster keyword

Lizerd, Bartuk and LizardWizard like this.
  3. Bartuk
    Kroxigor

Bartuk Well-Known Member

Thank you!!! :)
    I need to figure out a way to save my slann from those Endrinriggers + aether khemist. :-/

Lizerd likes this.
  4. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

A skink priest is always welcome. For the Slann you can try a bale wind vortex, incandescent retrices, and chronomatic cogs can make it pretty durable. If your looking at realms their is always the gryph feather charm which grants you a minus 1 to be hit

you can also contact @LizardWizard for more help as he is one of the best generals on this forum

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Erta Wanderer likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yes, it's fairly easy to impose a -2 to hit your slann (Look out Sir and appropriate relic), possibly even a -3 (summon starlight).
    Plus remember that you can use the command ability of the slann, to reroll saves vs shooting and also give fly to nearby units (in that way, you will also solve the problem of the stegadon that can now charge through the skinks' screen).
    1 Command ability, 2 problems solved. it's a win-win!

ChapterAquila92, Bartuk and Lizerd like this.