1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Ragnar's Lizardmen paintlog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Ragnar, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Hey everybody. Since I'm new to lizardmen, and I'm probably going to be doing a lot of painting, I figured I would do this thing called a paint log. If you have any tips please (and I mean pretty please), tell me. I'm really new to painting and I haven't done anything other than what I have so far, and I know a lot of you are veterans :D

So here's what I have painted so far, as well as the boxes of stuff I have yet to assemble & paint.

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

I know the pictures are pretty crap atm, but I don't really have access to a better camera other than my cell phone. If anyone wants a close up of a particular thing, just let me know! Updates soon to come.

Warden likes this.
  2. elmoheadbutt
    Cold One

elmoheadbutt New Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure the photos don't do the models justice. Try taking pictures outdoors on an overcast day.

3. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Alright here comes some quick and dirty basic photos with better lighting I took a few minutes ago.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

Again, if anyone wants a shot of a particular unit or model let me know, and i'll give you some shots of them.

Warden likes this.
  4. Wistrel
    Saurus

Wistrel New Member

Very nice models, is this the first army you've collected? I suggest using washes though to make them even better. A good wash for lizardmen is Devlan Mud on the gold and teeth/talons.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)

5. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Yeah this is my first army ever :D I wanted to collect them for a very long time but I only recently started with them. They're also the first things i've ever painted ever ;)

And yeah I have two washes, but the only one that really shows up is the brown wash I use on the skulls/bones

6. nathanbomb6
    Saurus

nathanbomb6 New Member

Really nice painting skills! I love the colour scheme it makes them feel Dark and Special for some reason and I love the purple crest! I'd love to see updates in the future for this army! Amazing job!
    Also it seems you have an oldblood, if it is complete can I see you finished result on a close up? Thanks a bunch!

7. Wistrel
    Saurus

Wistrel New Member

Wow- for your first models these are very impressive, you have a very good grasp of painting! You've also chosen a very nice colour scheme, I just use the boring blue :shifty:

8. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

I realized I totally forgot to put up pictures of my cold one cavalry! My bad.

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

Warden likes this.
  9. lordberti3
    Saurus

lordberti3 New Member

this is excellent standard of painting, very impressive. good colour scheme aswell, it looks really good and suits the models suprisingly well. :D

it may just be the pictures but i think a bit of wash on the gold aswell would make them excellent models.

keep it up.

10. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

i believe that the look can be further increase by the use of some washes. a brown wash for the teeth and gold and a purple/black for the scales on the cold one (and between them) will give the model extra contrast and make it look even better.

11. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Bit unrelated to painting, but I just finished my table a few days ago! It's fully modular and in 6 pieces, with a hill across four of the pieces, in the style of the realm of battle.

MOTHAFUCKINBREADCRUMBZ.jpg

Warden likes this.
  12. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Nicely done man, yea need some more tables and terrain posted on here. :)

13. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

You have no idea how much that means to me, this was a real adventure for me and I'm really glad it turned out okay :D

14. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Hey guys, so I was doing some basic basing to my guys recently....

IMG_1141.jpg
    Here's my skink brave model with the smallest conversion ever.

IMG_1143.jpg
    My painted skink unit now with planty-ness

IMG_1142.jpg
    I also threw down some plants onto my saurus movement tray and now it looks pretty boss too.

Warden likes this.
  15. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

love the idea of plastic plants! just be sure to do the rest of the base too with some sand and static grass and you will have one (several) great looking unit :)

cheers

16. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Love the big drooping plants. Very vibrant unit

17. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Sorry for the delay on the updates! I have some new pictures.

IMG_1162.jpg
    The first is an overall view of my army on the table. I've finished a few more things. A second skink unit, and 3 more cold ones.

IMG_1173.jpg
    And this is my latest project! My sacrificial alter. Many of my friend's skaven shall hopefully be sacrificed to sotek.

If anyone wants a closeup of a particular unit or model, let me know and I'll post a picture.

Warden likes this.
  18. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

fan-bloody-tastic pyramid! What's it made of?

Warden likes this.
  19. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Looks like the pink polystyrene (sold by Home Improvement stores in the states). Excellent work on that. The glyph on it looks great too.

Warden likes this.
  20. Ragnar
    Saurus

Ragnar New Member

Aril basically nailed it on the head. The only difference is it's maybe half as thick as the usual polystyrene, maybe only 1 inch tall sheets, so the alter isn't super tall.

Warden likes this.